Review: Halloween Party (Fear Street, #8) by R.L. Stine

Friday, March 22, 2019


Title: Halloween Party

Series: Fear Street, #8

Author: R.L. Stine

Genre: Young Adult, Horror

Publication Date: September 1st, 1990 by Simon Pulse 

Format: Paperback

Source: Library


Rating:









Welcome to Fear Street. Don’t listen to the stories they tell you about Fear Street. Wouldn’t you rather explore it yourself…and see if its dark terror and unexplained mysteries are true? You’re not afraid, are you? Invitation to Terror The invitation arrived in a black-bordered envelope. Inside, the card showed a coffin with the inscription “Reserved For You.” It was perfectly fitting for an all-night Halloween party on Fear Street. But Terry and his girlfriend Niki wondered why they had been invited. They barely knew Justine Cameron, the beautiful and mysterious transfer student who was throwing the party. The party was well under way when the lights went out. That’s to be expected at a spooky Halloween party. But when the lights come back on, there was that boy on the floor with the knife in his back. Just a Halloween prank? Maybe. Maybe not. For Terry and Niki the trick-or-treating has turned to terror. To their horror, they realize that someone at the costume party is dressed to kill!







Yup, another super late review I am so sorry to post up the Halloween Party so late but I absolutely love R.L. Stine books when I was a kid I had to check out his book again. I am so glad I check Halloween Party back in October it really was an amazing and fantastic Halloween book, I really need to check out his other books. Because this book had full nostalgic memories for me, it was a perfect Halloween and Autumn read during the autumn season. Now I know everybody at least read one book by R.L. Stine and seen a ton of reviews about his books so I am not going to go into any details about this amazing book I will only say what I absolutely love about Halloween Party. Ok now I will tell you all the truth I am not a huge fan of the festive holiday of Halloween but I absolutely love reading anything thriller, mystery or horror books during the Halloween season plus I absolutely love watching horror films during Halloween as well. But I do enjoy somewhat the Halloween season I was kind of feeling nostalgic back in October so I wanted to read a book by an author I have already read from when I was a kid so I decided to check out Halloween Party from the library. I will tell you I don't remember which books that I read by R.L. Stine when I was a kid that was years and years ago I mean I do have a really good memory but not a great memory. But I do remember really enjoying the books that I read by R.L. Stine. So I was only too happy to refresh my memory again with Halloween Party that is a Fear Street novel as well and I was so glad and happy that I did because I absolutely loved and enjoyed this book so much! I absolutely loved everything in Halloween Party the plotline and aspect of the book were really well developed it was predictable but what  I really loved was the mystery and somewhat thrilling atmosphere the book was giving I couldn't put the books down. All the characters were really well rounded and developed and there were some diverse characters as well which I absolutely loved in this book because we really do need more diversity in books. The writing style flowed well on the pages and the dialogue was crisp and descriptive that you can understand the words. All and all I absolutely loved and enjoyed Halloween Party that I can't wait to continue reading more books by R.L. Stine hopefully soon!














R.L. Stine (Author)

Robert Lawrence Stine known as R. L. Stine and Jovial Bob Stine, is an American novelist and writer, well known for targeting younger audiences. Stine, who is often called the Stephen King of children's literature, is the author of dozens of popular horror fiction novellas, including the books in the Goosebumps, Rotten School, Mostly Ghostly, The Nightmare Room and Fear Street series.

R. L. Stine began his writing career when he was nine years old, and today he has achieved the position of the bestselling children's author in history. In the early 1990s, Stine was catapulted to fame when he wrote the unprecedented, bestselling Goosebumps® series, which sold more than 250 million copies and became a worldwide multimedia phenomenon. His other major series, Fear Street, has over 80 million copies sold.

Stine has received numerous awards of recognition, including several Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards and Disney Adventures Kids' Choice Awards, and he has been selected by kids as one of their favorite authors in the NEA's Read Across America program. He lives in New York, NY.

4 comments:

  1. While I've been a big fan of the Fear Street series since I was a kid, Halloween Party isn't one of my favorites. There were just too many predictable and corny moments; especially the ones with the bikers. If my memory serves me correctly, there were a few twists and turns towards the end which helped saved the book from being horrible.

    I reviewed Halloween Party (with a different cover) back in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Billy.

      Delete
  2. Gosh I love the Fear Street books!! Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog my friend.

      Delete