Can't-Wait Wednesday #15: A Spark of White Fire (The Celestial Trilogy #1) by Sangu Mandanna

Wednesday, August 1, 2018



When I first started book blogging back in 2015 I starting to participate in  “Waiting On Wednesday”  that was a weekly meme that was originally created by Breaking The Spine.  Unfortunately Breaking the Spine is no longer hosting so I’m now linking my posts up to Wishful Endings Can’t Wait Wednesday. Don’t forget to stop over, link up and check out what books everyone else is waiting for.





  Here Is My Can't Wait Wednesday Pick For This Week:


Title: A Spark of White Fire (The Celestial Trilogy #1) 

By Sangu Mandanna

Publication Date: September 11th, 2018 by Sky Pony Press






In a universe of capricious gods, dark moons, and kingdoms built on the backs of spaceships, a cursed queen sends her infant daughter away, a jealous uncle steals the throne of Kali from his nephew, and an exiled prince vows to take his crown back.

Raised alone and far away from her home on Kali, Esmae longs to return to her family. When the King of Wychstar offers to gift the unbeatable, sentient warship Titania to a warrior that can win his competition, she sees her way home: she’ll enter the competition, reveal her true identity to the world, and help her famous brother win back the crown of Kali.

It’s a great plan. Until it falls apart.
Inspired by the Mahabharata and other ancient Indian stories, A Spark of White Fire is a lush, sweeping space opera about family, curses, and the endless battle between jealousy and love.





First I would like to say look at that gorgeous cover the cover was what first caught my eyes towards the books and when I read the synopsis I was hook. This book looks and sounds absolutely fantastic and right up my alley plus I love YA books that have sci-fi & fantasy elements in it. 






22 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this book before, but it seems really intriguing! I may have to check it out, once it comes out. Reading the synopsis reminded me of a book I recently devoured, though: Heart of Iron, by Ashley Poston. Have you read it? The ending will leave you *reeling*.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't read Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston yet but I have heard amazing things about it though, thank you so much for stopping by my blog Nicole.

      Delete
  2. All plans are great until they fall apart! Ha! This sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I also thought the same thing when I read that part of the synopsis as well, thank you so much for stopping by my blog Terri.

      Delete
  3. That is a very striking cover - I had to stop and look at it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a gorgeous cover the cover is what caught my eyes first, thank you so much for stopping by my blog my friend.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Amanda.

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to hear what you think of it! Thank you for always sharing the up and coming indie books, you are always in the know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and thank you so much for stopping by my blog my friend.

      Delete
  6. Yes, please. That is all that I really manage coherently right now, except bring it on! :)

    If you get the chance, come by my blog and check out my Can't-Wait Wednesday post.
    Suz @ Bookish Revelations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I know right I just need this book in my life right now! ha lol Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Susan.

      Delete
  7. I like the sound of this book. I’m looking forward to reading your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Veronica.

      Delete
  8. This one sounds SO good. And I love that cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the cover is absolutely gorgeous and it was also what caught my eyes towards the book at first glance, thank you so much for stopping by my blog my friend.

      Delete
  9. It does soud really good and that amazing cover definitely catches the eye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I thought the same thing as well, thank you so much for stopping by my blog Greg.

      Delete
  10. I've not heard of this book before. Sounds intriguing, though I'm not sure it would be something I would read. Cover is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is absolutely gorgeous I really love it as well, thank you so much for stopping by my blog my friend.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Heidi.

      Delete