Can't-Wait Wednesday #5: Mirage (Mirage #1) by Somaiya Daud

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

When I first started book blogging back in 2015 I starting to participate in  “Waiting On Wednesday”  that was a weekly meme that was originally created by Breaking The Spine.  Unfortunately Breaking the Spine is no longer hosting so I’m now linking my posts up to Wishful Endings Can’t Wait Wednesday. Don’t forget to stop over, link up and check out what books everyone else is waiting for.


  Here Is My Can't Wait Wednesday Pick For The Week:
Title:  Mirage (Mirage #1)
By  Somaiya Daud
Publication Date: August 28th, 2018 by Flatiron Books
In a star system dominated by the brutal Vathek empire, eighteen-year-old Amani is a dreamer. She dreams of what life was like before the occupation; she dreams of writing poetry like the old-world poems she adores; she dreams of receiving a sign from Dihya that one day, she, too, will have an adventure, and travel beyond her isolated moon.

But when adventure comes for Amani, it is not what she expects: she is kidnapped by the regime and taken in secret to the royal palace, where she discovers that she is nearly identical to the cruel half-Vathek Princess Maram. The princess is so hated by her conquered people that she requires a body double, someone to appear in public as Maram, ready to die in her place.

As Amani is forced into her new role, she can’t help but enjoy the palace’s beauty—and her time with the princess’ fiancé, Idris. But the glitter of the royal court belies a world of violence and fear. If Amani ever wishes to see her family again, she must play the princess to perfection...because one wrong move could lead to her death.
This looks and sounds absolutely amazingly fantastic and right up my alley, the author is new to me, author, I never heard about her before. Plus this book also comes out the month of my birthday. I see there is a lot of great books releasing in August this year. 

44 comments:

  1. Haha we did the same book! Glad there is so much excitement around it! Hope you enjoy it!
    My WOW: https://booksofteacups.wordpress.com/2018/03/14/waiting-on-wednesday-mirage%e2%80%8b-by-somaiya-daud/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW Anna.

      Delete
  2. This looks so good and I love the cover! Definitely going to check this one out.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know right I absolutely love the cover as well, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW Bee.

      Delete
  3. oooh, this is certainly one that's popular today! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes so true I see a couple of book bloggers are waiting for this one as well, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW Versushka.

      Delete
  4. I like the cover. And it definitely sounds like it has potential. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I absolutely love the sound of this book and I love the cover too, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW Laura.

      Delete
  5. Wow! This book sounds awesome! Awesome pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right this book looks and sounds absolutely amazing and so right up my alley too boot as well, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW Ronyell.

      Delete
  6. What a pretty cover and it sounds pretty interesting. I'm guessing this might be one I see a lot of this week. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes so true I've already been seeing it around quite lately, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW Barb.

      Delete
  7. Love the cover and it really does sounds good! Nice pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is absolutely gorgeous I love it as well, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW Jenea.

      Delete
  8. August looks like it is shaping up to be an excellent month ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I so can't wait for my birthday month to get here just so I can buy books. haha lol ;) Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW DJ.

      Delete
  9. This looks so so good. I just had to add it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh yay I hope you enjoy this book as well, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW Jenn.

      Delete
  10. This is a genre I don't know well, but the story sounds rich and fun, thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and thank you so much for stopping by my CWW Jordana.

      Delete
  11. Not heard of this one before. So many great books coming this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I thought the same thing, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW Jo.

      Delete
  12. I hope you enjoy it! Thank you for putting this book on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW Nikki.

      Delete
  13. I really love this cover. Simple yet exciting. It sounds really good! Good pick!

    Mary my Can't Wait Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover as well, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW.

      Delete
  14. This is completely new to me! Thanks for sharing. I love the synopsis, and I'm adding it to goodreads now!

    Here is my CWW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and thank you so much for stopping by my CWW Gennifer.

      Delete
  15. Looks like it is an interesting read! I am not familiar with the author, but I lthink I would like this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is the author debut novel but I am not 100% sure if this is her first book or not. Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW Steph.

      Delete
  16. I've seen this cover around but never looked to see what the book was about. This looks like it will be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've been seeing it go around lately as well, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW my friend.

      Delete
  17. I love the cover and the title, I might try this one!!
    https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/03/win-it-wednesday_14.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it as well when it comes out, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW Joann.

      Delete
  18. This is new to me, but I love the cover and the synopsis so I'll definitely need to add this to my TBR. Thanks for sharing :)

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and thank you so much for stopping by my CWW Bogdana.

      Delete
  19. YES PLEASE! This looks and sounds so good! Thanks for sharing! Love your Can't Wait Wednesday posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and thank you so much for stopping by my CWW posts Terrie.

      Delete
  20. This one sounds FABULOUS! Great pick!! And thanks for linking up! :)

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Problem and thank you so much for stopping by my CWW Tressa.

      Delete
  21. Not heard of this book before, looks and sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW my friend.

      Delete
  22. An interesting twist on the The Pauper and the Prince. Sounds like something I would like to read for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I so can't wait when this one comes out in Aug, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW Terri.

      Delete