Featured & Follow Friday #21: Bookish Pet Peeves

Friday, March 11, 2016

 
 
THE FUTURE & FOLLOW IS HOSTED BY TWO HOSTS, PARAJUNKEE OF PARAJUNKEE'S VIEW AND ALISON OF ALISON CAN READ. EACH HOST WILL HAVE THEIR OWN FEATURE BLOG AND THIS WAY IT’LL ALLOW US TO SHOW OFF MORE NEW BLOGS.
 
 
 
HOW DOES THE #FF WORK?
  • The goal is to increase blog followers, make friends and have something to post.
  • You create your own post using the post prompt.
  • You leave your link and thumbnail in the linky list that links back to your post prompt.
  • Once you have your post up and linked, visit other posts and tell them hi. The point is to FOLLOW them not just comment.
  • If you see a post that just hit it to the moon, or just want to show appreciation to a fellow blogger friend, like their name on the linky list to show some appreciation.
  • The person with the most likes gets chosen as the next Feature (you can be chosen every 90 days unless we are in need of features)
  • It is required that if you participate that you have to follow the FEATURE. It is a big no-no to participate and ignore the feature. They are the special snowflake in this little blizzard.
  • As a participant it is up to your discretion on how you want people to follow. Please post RSS, GFC etc if you have a follow of choice.
 
Specific RULES
  • Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
  • If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followedFollow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
  • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
  • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
 
 
The Post Prompt:

What are some of your biggest pet peeves with books? i.e. love triangles etc.

submitted by Parajunkee
 
 
My Answer:
 
I have just four pet peeves that really bothers me a lot and I only read a couple of books like these pet peeves of mine that I couldn't stand.
 
1. Oddly Shape or Different Heights in Books. I don't mind the cover changes on books but I always want my books to be in the same height or shape and it really gets on my nerves when I find one book or two that are from the same series that are totally different shape or height from the rest of the books series. Ugh Just No!
 
 
 
2. Excessive Details And Confusing Plot In Books. I really don't like excessive details that's in books. I just like short well written details in books. I really don't want to now every details about a house etc. And when plots gets so confusing that I have too literally go back and re-read the first page to understand it more better. Nope that is just not my cup of tea in books. 
 
 
 
How About You? 
 
 
 
 
Please Follow Me
EVERYTHING IS ON THE SIDEBAR AS WELL:

 


 GFC
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 

 

 






 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. When the world building is confusing then its hard for me too! Old folllower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I so despise when the world building is too confusing for me. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog

      Delete
  2. New Twitter and Bloglovin' follower:
    https://silvybooksaremylife.wordpress.com/2016/03/11/feature-and-follow-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog. :D

      Delete
  3. Yeah, the different sizes annoys me too! Followed on Bloglovin'.

    My FF post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right it really erks me when that happens in a book that is part of a series. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog. :D

      Delete
  4. I've given up on having all my books look nice and neat on my shelves with the same heights/cover designs/shiny-ness XD it's impossible! And would cost more money than I should spend considering I buy so many anyways ahah.
    Great post! I'm an old follower :)
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes so true it really is impossible to have everything the same hight, cover etc, but it just really erks me when it happens though. lol :D Thank you for stopping by and following my blog!

      Delete
  5. The books on my shelves look pretty ugly because most of my books are used, and I can’t be picky about them. A lot of my series don’t even match. :)

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean but I can't help it too be a little bit picky about my books, it never bothered me before until I started getting more books with different heights etc. I just have too learn too deal with it as is because it is nearly impossible to have the books how I really want them to be lol :D Thank you for stopping by and following my blog. :D

      Delete