Review: Starflight (Starflight #1) by Melissa Landers

Friday, February 19, 2016

 
Title: Starflight
 
Series: Starflight #1
 
Author:  Melissa Landers
 
Genre: Young Adult, Science Fiction and Fantasy
 
Published Date: February 2nd 2016 by Disney-Hyperion
 
Format: Hardcover
 
Source: Library
 
Rating:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Life in the outer realm is a lawless, dirty, hard existence, and Solara Brooks is hungry for it. Just out of the orphanage, she needs a fresh start in a place where nobody cares about the engine grease beneath her fingernails or the felony tattoos across her knuckles. She's so desperate to reach the realm that she's willing to indenture herself to Doran Spaulding, the rich and popular quarterback who made her life miserable all through high school, in exchange for passage aboard the spaceliner Zenith.

When a twist of fate lands them instead on the Banshee, a vessel of dubious repute, Doran learns he's been framed on Earth for conspiracy. As he pursues a set of mysterious coordinates rumored to hold the key to clearing his name, he and Solara must get past their enmity to work together and evade those out for their arrest. Life on the Banshee may be tumultuous, but as Solara and Doran are forced to question everything they once believed about their world—and each other—the ship becomes home, and the eccentric crew family. But what Solara and Doran discover on the mysterious Planet X has the power to not only alter their lives, but the existence of everyone in the universe...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I've been wanting to read the Alienated trilogy by Melissa Launders for a very long time now, I heard nothing but amazing reviews about her books. And I just know I will love and enjoy her books because I love Science Fiction especially with Aliens in books. So I decided to give Starflight a chance. And OMGosh I absolutely, totally and utterly love and enjoy this amazing book so much that I don't now why it took me so long to read a book by Melissa Landers. The plot and concept was really refreshing and new to me that I never read a book quite like this one, which it is always a A+ for me to read a book that is totally different too me. The characters and world building was very well developed intriguing and really dynamic in there own way, which I absolutely love and adore all the major and minor characters in Starfilight and yes even the ones I dislike so much. The villains were strong, cunny and very dangerous and one of the villains was space pirates! (Space Pirates!) I tell you I never read a book with space pirates before and Melissa Landers wrote them so amazing well that I couldn't get enough reading about them. The writing style was really descriptive and flawless that I thoroughly enjoying reading her writing style. And lastly the romance was very slow-burn and heated between Solara and Doran. At the beginning of the relationship between Solara and Doran there were natural enemies . Because Doran was a total douchbag and a bully to Solare when she was at high school he always pick on her and made fun of her when they were in high school together. And that really made Solara have very low self-esteem about herself and she totally dislike Doran for how he made her feel about herself. When Solara and Doran reunite again their disdain for each other was palpable. But Solara really needed to get passage aboard the spaceliner Zenith so she can start a fresh new start of life in the outer realm. And they only way she can get passage aboard the spaceliner was through Doran and she would of done anything to get on that spaceliner. So Solara indenture herself to Doran Spaulding who made her life a living hell in high school in order to get passage aboard the spaceliner Zenith. But something major happens between Solara and Doran abroad the spaceline that, in a twist of fate they land in a vessel of dubious repute Banshee with an the eccentric crew that are full of secrets in there past as well. But once Solara and Doran worked together and learn more about each other they started too have deep romantic feelings for each other. Until they finally fallen heads over heels for each other including loving the eccentric crew on the Banshee like family. Now I am going to leave it off here because I don't want to spoil anything for anybody. But I do highly recommend reading Starflight it is a amazing book full of adventures through space and space pirates! I can't forget about the space pirates! I can not wait to read the next book Starfall which it is in Cassie and Kane pov's. I was and still am really intrigued and curious about Cassie and Kane background that I can't wait to read more about them in Starfall!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Melissa Landers writes romantic sci-fi for teens and the young at heart. ALIENATED and INVADED are now available from Disney Hyperion, and UNITED, the third book in the trilogy, will release in August, 2016. The first novel in her new series, STARFLIGHT, launches February 2, 2016.
 
 
 
 
 
 









 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Katiria, I loved this book so so so much! Easily my favorite Landers book (and I LOVED Alienated and Invaded). I can't wait to read Starfall! And United, for that matter.

    Lovely review!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really had to read this book after reading your review and the hot swoon excerpt even though I have a ton of books on my tbr list. That I need too read first but I just had too check it out first! Thank you for stopping by my blog my friend. :D

      Delete