Spotlight: Blue Mafia by Tim Tolka

Friday, November 9, 2018




Hello, my friends today I am doing a spotlight on Blue Mafia by Tim Tolka I hope you enjoy the spotlight!







Title: Blue Mafia 

By Tim Tolka

Genre: True Crime Publication Date: April 1st, 2018 Add-On Goodreads

Blue Mafia tells the backstory behind two federal investigations of police brutality in Steubenville and Warren, Ohio. The book explores the events leading up to the historic reform agreements and their outcomes, using the career of a local civil rights lawyer who filed lawsuits against the police and acted as an informant to federal investigators.
In Steubenville, when attorney Richard Olivito defends a drug dealer claiming police misconduct, he begins to feel hunted. Later, he acts as an informant and collaborator to Justice Department officials investigating the Steubenville police, which results in a consent decree, or court-enforced reform agreement, the 2nd in U.S. history.
A few years later, Olivito incites another federal Investigation in neighboring Warren, where residents have complained of police brutality for decades. This time is different because there Is a video.
Blue Mafia shows that some small towns have at least equally severe problem with police misconduct as many big cities, and it chronicles federal reform efforts on local police agencies during five U.S. presidential administrations, providing the most detailed account to date of police reform by consent decree and revealing the messy, sometimes tragic yet always human aspects of policing.







Author Tim Tolka 


Tim Tolka is a writer, editor, and researcher. Born in Illinois, he grew up in nine states, including Texas and Louisiana. He went to University in Colorado for humanities, worked in real estate, event planning and education in NYC and SF, then went to D.C. for a Master's in American political economy. This work of five years is his first. Currently, he resides in California.














Thank you!

16 comments:

  1. Definitely going to have to check this one out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog my friend.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It certainly does looks and sounds like a very intriguing book, thank you so much for stopping by my blog Jo.

      Delete
  3. I'd never heard of Blue Maffia before - thanx for the info

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and thank you so much for stopping by my blog my friend.

      Delete
  4. This looks like something I would read. Great spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you and thank you so much for stopping by my blog my friend.

      Delete
  5. This sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and thank you so much for stopping by my blog my friend.

      Delete
  6. I've never read the crime before but I think it would be something I enjoy and this one sounds super interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    Gemma @ www.gemmasbooknook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and thank you so much for stopping by my blog Gemma.

      Delete
  7. Not heard of the book before, sounds intriguing, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and thank you so much for stopping by my blog my friend.

      Delete
  8. Great spotlight! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this idea. I might be interested even though it is not my usual.

    ReplyDelete