Review: An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson

Friday, January 26, 2018


Title:  An Enchantment of Ravens

Series: Stand-Alone

Author: Margaret Rogerson

Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance

Publication Date: September 26th 2017 by Margaret K. McElderry Books

Format: Hardcover

Source: Bought


Rating:








A skilled painter must stand up to the ancient power of the faerie courts—even as she falls in love with a faerie prince—in this gorgeous debut novel.

Isobel is a prodigy portrait artist with a dangerous set of clients: the sinister fair folk, immortal creatures who cannot bake bread, weave cloth, or put a pen to paper without crumbling to dust. They crave human Craft with a terrible thirst, and Isobel’s paintings are highly prized. But when she receives her first royal patron—Rook, the autumn prince—she makes a terrible mistake. She paints mortal sorrow in his eyes—a weakness that could cost him his life.

Furious and devastated, Rook spirits her away to the autumn lands to stand trial for her crime. Waylaid by the Wild Hunt’s ghostly hounds, the tainted influence of the Alder King, and hideous monsters risen from barrow mounds, Isobel and Rook depend on one another for survival. Their alliance blossoms into trust, then love—and that love violates the fair folks’ ruthless laws. Now both of their lives are forfeit, unless Isobel can use her skill as an artist to fight the fairy courts. Because secretly, her Craft represents a threat the fair folk have never faced in all the millennia of their unchanging lives: for the first time, her portraits have the power to make them feel.






Ohh my what a amazingly fantastic book An Enchantment of Ravens was for me. I know this book is not for every readers which I totally understand, but I absolutely loved and enjoyed everything about it. I really love reading anything with Fae's in them because Fae's are my favorite mythical creatures in books. And this book was no exception, I just love the world of Whimsy and the Fae lands. The world was magically beautiful and scary at the same time along with the immortal Fae's. Now the Fae's that were betrayed in this book were aloof, tricky, sinister and they have no emotions what so ever. Some of the Fae's where very deadly and dangerous and they can care less about humans or for the gifted. Now the Fae's go too Whimsy for the gifted, they gifted are humans who can cook, sew, paint and write stories etc. Which Fae's can't do any of those things if they do the died and turned into dust. Now Isobel is a gifted prodigy portrait artist. She paints amazing portraits for the sinister fair folks. One day she was painting for a fae name Gadfly which I love him so much he really is such a trickster, but I won't tell you why he is a sly trickster because spoilers. But when Isobal was finishing a portrait for Gadfly he mention to her that the prince of the Autumn court, wants too get a portrait done by her. Now Isobal was really surprise because nobody has seen the Autumn prince for centuries, especially Isobal has never seen him herself. And she was very afraid about him coming too her for a portrait to be painted by her. When Isobal one day by accident met the Autumn Prince, at first she didn't now who he was. Isobal just thought it was a normal fair folk who comes to Whimsy to seek out the gifted. But later on she figured out who the strange fae folk was and she was totally surprise and terribly frightened of him. Now things starts going down quite quickly for me when Isobal met the Autumn prince Rook, and things starts happening really fast for Isobal and Rook. That it turned both Isobal and Rook lives upside down, now I won't say that it turned there lives for the worst or the better because spoiler. But it completely changed there lives forever after Rook and Isobal met. Now I am going to leave it off here, without spoiler it for anybody. But all and all I really loved and enjoyed everything about An Enchantment of Ravens and the bright side this book is a stand-alone it is not part of a series. Which I love reading stand-alones. I will most definitely continue reading more books by Margaret Rogerson in the near future!













Margaret writes fantasy for young adult readers. Her books draw inspiration from old fairy tales, because she loves stories in which the beautiful and the unsettling are sometimes indistinguishable. She lives near Cincinnati, Ohio, and when she's not reading or writing she enjoys drawing, watching documentaries, making pudding, gaming, and exploring the outdoors in search of toads and mushrooms.














12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog DJ: :d

      Delete
  2. I adore the name Isobel. I need to get back to reading more fantasy. Been reading too many ones with real people. Humans are just so boring compared to the fae!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love fae and fantasy books, fae's are one of my favorite mythical creatures ever. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Terri.

      Delete
  3. I just picked this book up from the library because the cover was just so pretty! I'm glad that you liked it, hearing a good review for it makes me more excited to start it soon (just trying to finish another book first). I'm with you that I like standalones, books that are part of a series can be exhausting to keep up with. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes so true I agree with you 100%. That's why I try too only read trilogy's or duology's because long series can get exhausting. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Jamie B :D

      Delete
  4. Faeries? Awesome! And that cover is gorgeous. Add in some romance and this definitely sounds like one I need to be picking up very soon. Thanks so much for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, I just love fae's book there are my all time favorite kind of books. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Megan.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Darque.

      Delete