Review: Nimona by Noelle Stevenson

Wednesday, November 8, 2017


Title: Nimona

Series: Stand-Alone

Author: Noelle Stevenson

Genre: Young Adult, Graphic Novel, Fantasy

Publication Date: May 12th 2015 by Harper Collins

Format: Hard Cover

Source: Library


Rating:









The graphic novel debut from rising star Noelle Stevenson, based on her beloved and critically acclaimed web comic, which Slate awarded its Cartoonist Studio Prize, calling it "a deadpan epic."

Nemeses! Dragons! Science! Symbolism! All these and more await in this brilliantly subversive, sharply irreverent epic from Noelle Stevenson. Featuring an exclusive epilogue not seen in the web comic, along with bonus conceptual sketches and revised pages throughout, this gorgeous full-color graphic novel is perfect for the legions of fans of the web comic and is sure to win Noelle many new ones.

Nimona is an impulsive young shapeshifter with a knack for villainy. Lord Ballister Blackheart is a villain with a vendetta. As sidekick and supervillain, Nimona and Lord Blackheart are about to wreak some serious havoc. Their mission: prove to the kingdom that Sir Ambrosius Goldenloin and his buddies at the Institution of Law Enforcement and Heroics aren't the heroes everyone thinks they are.

But as small acts of mischief escalate into a vicious battle, Lord Blackheart realizes that Nimona's powers are as murky and mysterious as her past. And her unpredictable wild side might be more dangerous than he is willing to admit.
 








Yup I know I am late in the ban wagon to read a book by Noelle Stevenson I just could kick myself for waiting so long. But I have heard amazing raving reviews about Noelle Stevenson books every where and her books was very hyped up when I first heard about her a couple years ago. And of course her book deserves all the hype it gets, but the reason I waited so long is because I wanted to wait until the hype of her books has dyed down. Because there has been a few books that I read there were really hype up when I first heard about them and when I read that certain hype book I was left disappointed at the end. So that is my reason why I wait so long to read an overly hype book. But Nimona was such an amazingly and fantastic book that I couldn't put it down. Just, just I can't tell you how amazing it was if I could give it all the stars or more I would happily do so. Yes that's how great this book was for me. It was a very unique and different graphic novel I have never read a graphic novel quite like Nimona before but I so want to find more like it in the near future. My favorite part of Nimona was the art in the book and I just love and adore the designs and different color schemes in this amazing book. All the characters and plotline was well developed, rounded and done so, so, so, so well I just couldn't get enough of it. The writing style was flawless and absolutely fantastic that I wanted too read more and more of Nimona. I won't go into any details about Nimona because I think everybody's knows about it. But I do highly recommend this graphic novel it was utterly a very fun and fantastic book that you don't want to miss out! I certainly will continue reading more graphic novels by Noelle Stevenson in the near future as well!

















Noelle Stevenson is a comic artist and freelance illustrator residing in Los Angeles, California. She published the young adult graphic novel NIMONA in 2015, which is also serialized online . She has been nominated for a Harvey Award, and was awarded the Slate Cartoonist Studio Prize for Best Webcomic in 2012. She is a graduate of the Maryland Institute College of Art and has done published work for BOOM! Studios, Random House, MacMillan Press, and What Pumpkin Studios, among others. She is the co-writer of LUMBERJANES, a comic series from BOOM! Box, and has done writing work for Frederator's BRAVEST WARRIORS as well.












      

4 comments:

  1. Wahoo! I'm glad to see you enjoyed this one! I also LOVED it! I need to give it a re-read soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was just, so, so, so, so great I absolutely loved everything about Nimona! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Erica!

      Delete
  2. I read this book last year. It’s so cute and funny. Great review!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I just love and adore this book so much! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog AJ. :D

      Delete