Book Blogger Hop #58

Friday, September 22, 2017





Book Blogger Hop Hosted by Billy B. at Ramblings Of A Coffee Addicted Writer



This Week Question:

 In regards of Banned Books Week (www.bannedbooksweek.org/), what are your favorite books that has been banned or challenged? (submitted by Kristin @ Lukten av Trykksverte)


My Answer:

My favorite books that have been banned that I have read and I absolutely love and enjoy is. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling, The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins , The Giver (The Giver #1)  by Lois Lowry , Green Eggs and Ham  by Dr. Seuss, City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)  by Cassandra Clare, The Fault in Our Stars  by John Green, and I think Twilight (Twilight #1)  by Stephenie Meyer was also a banned book or challenged. And one book that I have read that is also a banned book or challenged that I really didn't love but really enjoy was Looking For Alaska by John Green. Sorry for the long list but I absolutely love and enjoyed all these banned books or challenged books that I have read, and I can't wait to read more banned books or challenged!

How About You? 

  





12 comments:

  1. Great list! I love a number of these books as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Erica for passing by my blog hop, and it is just crazy on how many books that I read that are banned that I absolutely loved and enjoyed! :D

      Delete
  2. I have read a lot of banned books and didn't know it. :)

    Thanks for your answer and the list.

    ENJOY your weekend.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Blogger Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes when I saw the list of some of the banned books I was really surprise that some of the banned books are my all time favorite books ever that I read and loved. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog hop Elizabeth.

      Delete
  3. I never cease to be amazed when I come across a banned/challenged book list. So many great books end up on it. Some of your favorites are mine too, including Harry Potter. I hope you have a great weekend! Thank you for sharing, Kati!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right it surprises me as well too see on how many banned books or challenged that are my favorites books that I absolutely loved to have read. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog hop.

      Delete
  4. I didn't know that Green Eggs and Ham was banned! What was it banned for? Great list!

    Here’s my Book Blogger Hop!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog hop Ronyell, there were actually a couple of Dr Seuss books that were banned or challenged. But my absolute favorite book of Dr Suess was always be Green Eggs and Ham. And it was actually banned in 1965 at People's Republic of China because they said it portray early Marxism, but than the banned was lifted in 1991 when the dr seuss died. But it is banned in California in the early 1990's because they thought it contains what was deemed as homosexual innuendo and seduction. Can you believe that.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog hop Nicki!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Yes there was a couple of his books that were banned or challenged, but my absolutely favorite books of his that I totally love when I was a child was Green Eggs and Ham. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog hop Nicola.

      Delete