Featured & Follow Friday #44 & Book Blogger Hop #17

Friday, September 30, 2016






THE FUTURE & FOLLOW IS HOSTED BY TWO HOSTS, PARAJUNKEE OF PARAJUNKEE'S VIEW AND ALISON OF ALISON CAN READ. EACH HOST WILL HAVE THEIR OWN FEATURE BLOG AND THIS WAY IT’LL ALLOW US TO SHOW OFF MORE NEW BLOGS.




Post Prompt:

Is there a book/series that everybody seems to love, but you can’t stand? Why? via Heather Fowler @ Blood Thirsty Muses




My Answer:


There really isn't a book/series I can't stand that everybody seems to love because I really love all the book/series the everybody loves as well. But there are three specific books that I didn't love as much or wow me as it did for everybody else. And there were Looking For Alaska by John Green, Where She Went by Gayle Forman and Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover. Now I did highly enjoy these books but I just didn't love them and both of these books did not wow me either. And here is my reviews from all three book explaining why I really didn't love these books.











Book Blogger Hop





Book Blogger Hop Hosted by Billy B. at Ramblings Of A Coffee Addicted Writer






This Week Question:

Do you encourage other reading friends to start a blog or at least put their thoughts/reviews on public reading sites such as Goodreads, Amazon, etc? (submitted by Elizabeth)




My Answer:

Unfortunately I have been trying too convince my other family members who love too read like I do. To do a blog or post reviews on review sites but they never do it because they always tell me they never have time to set down too write down a review or commit too a blog. Because they have a lot of going on in there lives right now which I totally understand.



How About You?


Please Follow Me 



EVERYTHING IS ON THE RIGHT SIDEBAR AS WELL:







14 comments:

  1. I've had Looking for Alaska on my bookshelf for ages and still haven't touched it. I went on a John Green buying spree a few years ago and so far I've only read Paper Towns, which I thought was a cute, quick read. For some reason, I keep putting off Alaska; maybe I'm scared to death I will be disappointed with it too! Happy Friday! :D New Twitter follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog Maggie.

      Delete
  2. I haven't managed to convince anyone I know to review on a blog or site either...one day maybe (you can read my book blogger response here: http://wp.me/p4Sdwp-1xL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's the only hope I have as well. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog hop Emma.

      Delete
  3. I haven't convinced anyone to start a blog or put reviews on Goodreads, etc.

    Have a great weekend.

    Nice post.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too maybe one day they will post a review. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog hop Elizabeth.

      Delete
  4. Ah, straight to my heart about Ugly Love! I love that book, definitely one of my favorite CoHo books. But alas, I won't hold it against you 😉 Happy Friday! New follower via Bloglovin'

    Stacey @ The Bookish Loner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Sorry I really did enjoy Ugly Love but it just didn't amaze me like it did for other readers. Thank you for stopping by my #FFF Stacey.

      Delete
  5. I haven't read any of those books. Maybe I need to put them on my TBR pile just to see? Old follower Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please do try these books out they were just not for me but maybe you will love them. Thank you for stopping by my #FFF Nell.

      Delete
  6. I haven't read the books you mention, but admit to avoiding Looking for Alaska and Where She Went because I'm afraid they will disappoint me. I'm not a huge fan of contemporary YA, although I did really like If I Stay and the two John Green books I did read. I thought If I Stay had the perfect ending as it is. I think it would ruin the story for me if I read the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree with you about If I Stay being the perfect ending but Where She Went ruin the series for me that, now I really don't want to read any books by Gayle Forman. Because I am so afraid I am going to be really disappointed about her other books as well. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog hop.

      Delete
  7. I've had Looking For Alaska in my TBR pile for a long time, but never seem to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did enjoy Looking For Alaska but I did not love it. I just couldn't get connected with any of the main characters they just drove me crazy! Lol thank you so much for stopping by my blog Chrystal.

      Delete