"Waiting On" Wednesday #32: The Queen of Blood (The Queens of Renthia #1) by Sarah Beth Durst

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

 


 
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill At Breaking The Spine , that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating
 
 

 
What too participate? Grab the logo post your own WOW entry on your blog and leave your link below. 



Here Is My WOW  Pick For This Week:
 
 
The Queen of Blood (The Queens of Renthia #1)
 
By Sarah Beth Durst
 
Publication Date: September 20th 2016 by Harper Voyager
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
An idealistic young student and a banished warrior become allies in a battle to save their realm in this first book of a mesmerizing epic fantasy series, filled with political intrigue, violent magic, malevolent spirits, and thrilling adventure

Everything has a spirit: the willow tree with leaves that kiss the pond, the stream that feeds the river, the wind that exhales fresh snow . . .

But the spirits that reside within this land want to rid it of all humans. One woman stands between these malevolent spirits and the end of humankind: the queen. She alone has the magical power to prevent the spirits from destroying every man, woman, and child. But queens are still just human, and no matter how strong or good, the threat of danger always looms.

With the position so precarious, young women are chosen to train as heirs. Daleina, a seemingly quiet academy student, is under no illusions as to her claim to the throne, but simply wants to right the wrongs that have befallen the land. Ven, a disgraced champion, has spent his exile secretly fighting against the growing number of spirit attacks. Joining forces, these daring partners embark on a treacherous quest to find the source of the spirits’ restlessness—a journey that will test their courage and trust, and force them to stand against both enemies and friends to save their land . . . before it’s bathed in blood.
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
First look at that beautiful cover I just love the background of the woods and the hidden castles behind the woods it's absolutely enchanting! I have always wanted to read a book by  Sarah Beth Durst  her books always intrigued me and peeked my interest in some why, but I never read or picked up one of her books. Plus I heard nothing but amazing reviews about her books. I have a really good feeling that I am really going to love and enjoy her books. Have any of you read any books by Sarah Beth Durst? 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
What Is Your WOW Pick For This Week?

18 comments:

  1. I'm seeing a lot of great book to add on my tbr this week. Thank you for this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and thank you for stopping by my blog! :D

      Delete
  2. This one sounds fantastic. And it comes out at the beginning of fall, which is the best time to read a book like this. That cover is beautiful. I hope you enjoy it when it does come out! Adding it to my tbr. Happy reading!
    Brittney @ Reviews from a Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right this book is just perfect for the fall! Thank you for stopping by my blog. :D

      Delete
  3. This one is new for me.
    Love the cover and it sounds very good!
    Thanks!

    Alma @ A Novel Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! :D

      Delete
  4. I have heard lots of good things about Durst. I'll admit this book has me intrigued and the cover really is pretty. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, Queen of Blood has a beautiful cover. The plot is very fascinating as well and calls out girl power. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by my blog Whitney! :D

      Delete
  6. I can't wait to read this one as well! I love Durst's books. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous week, Katiria. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alyssa and you are very welcome my friend! :D

      Delete
  7. Ooh, this sounds good! I haven't read any Sarah Beth Durst books but I will definitely keep an eye on Queen of Blood. Thanks for sharing :)

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and thank you for stopping by my blog Zareena! :D

      Delete
  8. I have this book for review, but I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet. Looking forward to it. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and thank you for stopping by my blog! :D

      Delete
  9. I hadn't heard of this one, but it does sound good! I've not read this author before, although one of her last couple books was high on my TBR for awhile. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my post earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and thank you for stopping by my blog Lisa! :D

      Delete