Review: Reign of Shadows (Reign of Shadows #1) by Sophie Jordan

Monday, April 11, 2016

 
Title: Reign of Shadows
 
Series:  Reign of Shadows #1
 
Author: Sophie Jordan
 
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy and Romance
 
Published Date: February 9th 2016 by Harper Teen
 
Format: Hard Cover
 
Source: Library
 
Rating:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Seventeen years ago, an eclipse cloaked the kingdom of Relhok in perpetual darkness. In the chaos, an evil chancellor murdered the king and queen and seized their throne. Luna, Relhok’s lost princess, has been hiding in a tower ever since. Luna’s survival depends on the world believing she is dead.

But that doesn’t stop Luna from wanting more. When she meets Fowler, a mysterious archer braving the woods outside her tower, Luna is drawn to him despite the risk. When the tower is attacked, Luna and Fowler escape together. But this world of darkness is more treacherous than Luna ever realized.

With every threat stacked against them, Luna and Fowler find solace in each other. But with secrets still unspoken between them, falling in love might be their most dangerous journey yet.

With lush writing and a star–crossed romance, Reign of Shadows is Sophie Jordan at her best.
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Now I read an amazing review for Reign Of Shadows on one of my book blogger friends. And I heard about the pure brutal ending of this amazing book. So I really wanted too wait until the next book too come out so I can binge read the books together. But I keep hearing more amazing reviews plus I've been dying too read a Sophie Jordan book for a long time now and this book was just calling too me too check it out. So I decided too check Reign Of Shadows from the library. And Ohh boy I am so glad and happy that I got a chance too read this book because I thoroughly love and enjoyed Reign Of Shadows. It pulled me right from the very beginning describing the pitch dark world and kingdom of Relhok full of ferocious creatures that came from the eclipse that happen seventeen years ago. This world building fascinates me so much because it is a very unique and original that I never read a world quite like this before. The plot and concepts is full of quests, discoveries and love & sacrifices that I couldn't put this book down I always had too read one more chapter late in the night. The characters were very well rounded and dynamic that I connected too them right away I felt there ever emotions on all the hardships and troubles they had going on in the book. Especially I felt for Luna who had too leave from the tower where she lived at since she was a babe. She had to leave for a very big reason but I don't want to say why because it would be spoiler, but she didn't want to leave behind her loves ones Sivo and Perla behind. But Fowlar made a promise to Sivo that he will protect and not abandon Luna and will take her too a myth city called Allu. Luna had no choice but too leave the tower without her love ones and go on a quest too a myth city Allu with the harden and broody Fowlar. Now at the beginning when Luna and Fowlar met there were complete strangers that didn't get along with each other at first they always have funny and sarcastic banter between them. Than while Luna and Fowlar were on there quest for months too Allu they find themselves in some hardships and troubles along the way. So they both started too open up and trust each other and they started too feel something more special between them. Before they now it they both fell in love with each other. There love was really slow-burn and heated that it caught Luna and Fowlar both off guard. Especially for Fowlar because he lost a lot of love ones back in Relhok that's way he always guarded his heart from love ever again. But somehow Luna broke the shields too Fowlar heart and become part of it instead. Now I am going to leave it off here because I don't want too spoil it for anybody else. But both Luna and Fowlar discover and learn about each other secrets that they were keeping from each other at the end of the book. And I will warn you there is a huge cliffhanger at the out of Reign Of Shadows that I literally started to cry out in frustration when I read the end! The ending was pure brutal like my friend said! I really want the next book in my hands ASAP but alas I have too wait for it next year which is going to be pure torture for me too wait so long. But I know the wait will be so worth it at the end when I get it in my hands on the next book. I will most definitely will continue too read more books by Sophie Jordan because I absolutely loved her flawless and expressive writing style that I can't get enough of her books!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Pseudonym: Sharie Kohler

Sophie Jordan took her adolescent daydreaming one step further and penned her first historical romance in the back of her high school Spanish class. This passion led her to pursue a degree in English and History.

A brief stint in law school taught her that case law was not nearly as interesting as literature - teaching English seemed the natural recourse. After several years teaching high school students to love Antigone, Sophie resigned with the birth of her first child and decided it was time to pursue the long-held dream of writing.

In less than three years, her first book, Once Upon A Wedding Night, a 2006 Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Nominee for Best First Historical, hit book shelves. Her second novel, Too Wicked To Tame, released in March 2007 with a bang, landing on the USA Today Bestseller's List.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment