Review: Bitterblue (Graceling Realm #3) by Kristin Cashore

Thursday, January 7, 2016

 
Title: Bitterblue
 
Series: Graceling Realm #3
 
Author: Kristin Cashore
 
Genre: YA, Science Fiction & Fantasy, Romance
 
Published Date: May 1st 2012 by Dial
 
Format: Hardcover
 
Source: Library
 
Rating:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Eight years have passed since the young Princess Bitterblue, and her country, were saved from the vicious King Leck. Now Bitterblue is the queen of Monsea, and her land is at peace.

But the influence of her father, a violent psychopath with mind-altering abilities, lives on. Her advisers, who have run the country on her behalf since Leck's death, believe in a forward-thinking plan: to pardon all of those who committed terrible acts during Leck's reign; and to forget every dark event that ever happened. Monsea's past has become shrouded in mystery, and it's only when Bitterblue begins sneaking out of her castle - curious, disguised and alone - to walk the streets of her own city, that she begins to realise the truth. Her kingdom has been under the thirty-five-year long spell of a madman, and now their only chance to move forward is to revisit the past.

Whatever that past holds.

Two thieves, who have sworn only to steal what has already been stolen, change her life forever. They hold a key to the truth of Leck's reign. And one of them, who possesses an unidentified Grace, may also hold a key to her heart . . .
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
What an awesome read Bitterblue was for me I really did loved and enjoyed it a lot. I really missed reading about the seven kingdoms especially about Katsa and Po but now we read it through Bitterblue pov which I love and adore Bitterblue in Graceling it has pass 8 years and Bitterblue is 18 years old and she is struggling to make her kingdom right again after her evil father King Leck reign and it is not easy she has to go through stories, lies and puzzles to get to the truth from what her father has done to his kingdom and his people, and when she finds out the truth it has literally crush her and she thinks she is not strong enough to be a queen but she meets Fire and she tells and make Bitterblue understand that she is a very strong queen and she is the rightly perfect queen for Monsea. That's all I am going to tell you because I don't want to spoil anything else from the book.

Bitterblue also meets new friends and a Graceling that at first he didn't now what his Grace was until Bitterblue help him figure it out for him. I really did love all the characters and secondary characters in Bitterblue especially Giddon I just love and adore Giddon and I love that Bitterblue formed an amazing friendship with him and he was the first person she ever trusted in a friend they formed a beautiful bond! All and All an amazing ending to a wonderful trilogy!
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

So, here's the short tale of me: I grew up in the countryside of northeastern Pennsylvania in a village with cows and barns and beautiful views from the top of the hill and all that good stuff. I lived in a rickety old house with my parents, three sisters, and a scattering of cats, and I READ READ READ READ READ. I read while brushing my teeth, I read while chopping parsley, the first thing I reached for when I woke up in the morning was my book; the only two places I didn't read were in the car and in bed. What did I do then? The one thing I liked even more than reading: I daydreamed.

And so, without knowing it, I was planting the seeds. Reading and daydreaming = perfect preparation for writing.

At 18 I went off to college-- thank you, Williams College, for the financial aid that made this possible-- and it almost killed me. College is hard, man, and the Berkshires are cloudy. A (phenomenal) year studying abroad in sunny Sydney revived me. After college I developed a compulsive moving problem: New York City, Boston, Cambridge, Austin, Pennsylvania, Italy, and even a short stint in London, where my showerhead hung from the cutest little stand that was exactly like the cradle of an old-fashioned telephone. The best phone calls are the pretend phone calls made from your telephone tub.

During my stint in Boston, I got an M.A. at the Center for the Study of Children's Literature at Simmons College. (Thank you, Simmons, for the scholarship that made this possible!) Grad school almost killed me, but I felt a lot more alive than when I was almost being killed in college. The Simmons program is stupendous. It got me thinking and breathing YA books. It got me writing.

Am I getting boring?

Since Simmons, I haven't stopped writing, not once. I've developed a compulsive writing problem that makes my moving problem look like a charming personality quirk. I can't stop! But it's okay, because I don't want to stop. I've been writing full-time-- well, more than full-time, really-- for about 4 years now, first doing educational writing for the K-6 market and now working on my novels. It's a dream job, which is another way of saying that when I shop for work clothes, I go straight to the pajamas section.

Should I say a little bit about what I'm like? I'm fiercely independent. I am sometimes a hermit, but never for very long. I am in search of the perfect cat. I'm a recovering Catholic. I meditate, and when I do, Prince Harry appears in my subconscious and meditates with me. It's a little strange but I don't think there's anything I can do about it. Sometimes he's not the only one; the other day it was me, Prince Harry, the Dalai Lama, Mr. Rogers, Coco the gorilla, and George Clooney. We were all floating above the earth looking down at the continents as they passed. George Clooney suggested I visit Providence, Rhode Island. The Dalai Lama sighed deeply and said he'd really like to visit Tibet.

Poor Dalai Lama.

I recently moved from Jacksonville, Florida, to Cambridge, Massachusetts, trading the St. Johns River for the Charles River and pelicans for geese. As a native northerner, it's nice to be back in the land of four seasons. I feel as if I've come home. :o)

And that's my story.
    
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Yaasss, so happy to see that you loved this book, Katiria! I personally think Cashore needs to write more books! Even if they're not in the Graceling realm or related to the Graceling books - just more Cashore books, please! :D

    Lovely review, Katiria!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alyssa granted her Fire was my least favorite of her trilogy but I really did love and enjoy Bitterblue, and yes I wish she did write more books which I am hopeful that she will! :) Thank you for stopping by my blog my dear friend.

      Delete
  2. geez, what did that King do man? Sounds creepy, and hope everything turns out well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does something pure evil but I don't want to say what because that will be very spoiler, and he really was the creepiest and evil king ever in that realm! Thank you for stopping by my blog my friend. :)

      Delete
  3. Agh, this series is amazing!!!! I loved Bitterblue and all of the new characters but the ending was definitely a little bittersweet (although still amazing and totally right for the characters). Awesome review!

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I totally agree with you Zareena it was a bittersweet ending even though I still had some question at the end, but I was really ok with the ending. Thank you for stopping by my blog my friend.

      Delete