Review: Dangerous Boy by Mandy Hubbard

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

 
Title: Dangerous Boy
 
Series: Stand-Alone
 
Author: Mandy Hubbard
 
Genre: Y.A., Mystery-Thriller, Paranormal Romance
 
Published Date: September 4th 2012 by Razorbill (first published August 30th 2012)   
 
Format: Hardcover
 
Source: Bought
 
Rating:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A modern-day retelling of The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde with a chilling twist

Harper has never been worried about falling in love, something she is skeptical even exists. But everything changes when Logan moves to town, and to Harper's shock, the two tumble into an intense romance. It's everything she never thought she wanted.

Then she meets Logan's twin brother, Caleb, who was expelled from his last school. True, he's a bad boy, but Harper can't shake the feeling that there's something deeply sinister about him--something dangerous. When Logan starts pulling away, Harper is convinced that Caleb's shadowy past is the wedge being driven between them. But by the time she uncovers the truth, it may be too late.

The author of Prada & Prejudice, You Wish, and Ripple delivers a modern-day retelling of a famously gothic tale, full of suspense, lies, and romance.
  
 
 
 
 
Ok I really did like and enjoyed Dangerous Boy, and I thought it was a really good book. But I just didn't love it as much, now the beginning of the book got my attention right away. But than I started too really get annoyed with the main character Harper. I can't put my finger on way I didn't like her. I just didn't feel connected with her at all don't get me wrong. I felt bad for everything that happen to her, especially a tragic event that happen to her in her family. But they way she was acting towards her friends and father really annoyed and frustrated me too no end. Ok ok I understand she is the way she is because of the tragic event, and she has a whole bucket list for that specific reason. But still I really did not like how she was acting so differently towards her father and friends from her boyfriend Logan. She totally treated him like he is the best boyfriend in the whole world and that he has no flaws. And that he is just pure right for her to get her out of her shell. But that's until she find's out that he has been lying and hiding deep secrets from her. And secrets and lies she would soon find out about him at the end. All in all I really did like and enjoyed Dangerous Boy but I just didn't love it as much. But it still is a really good book. That I know some readers will love and enjoy it more than I did!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mandy Hubbard is the author of PRADA & PREJUDICE and YOU WISH, both novels for teens now in stores. In 2011, her releases include BUT I LOVE HIM (written as Amanda Grace) and RIPPLE. She is also a literary agent for D4EO Literary Agency. For more information, visit her website.   
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
         

No comments:

Post a Comment