Can't-Wait Wednesday #26: The Strangers (The Greystone Secrets, #1) by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Wednesday, March 13, 2019






When I first started book blogging back in 2015 I starting to participate in  “Waiting On Wednesday”  that was a weekly meme that was originally created by Breaking The Spine.  Unfortunately Breaking the Spine is no longer hosting so I’m now linking my posts up to Wishful Endings Can’t Wait Wednesday. Don’t forget to stop over, link up and check out what books everyone else is waiting for.
























Here Is My Can't Wait Wednesday Pick For This Week:


40390757

Title: The Strangers

Series: The Greystone Secrets, #1

By Margaret Peterson Haddix

Genre: Middle Grade, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Mystery

Publication Date: April 2nd, 2019 by Katherine Tegen Books

Add-On Goodreads









Told in alternating points of view from Chess, Emma, and Finn Greystone, Greystone Secrets #1: The Strangers is the beginning of a new page-turning adventure that examines assumptions about identity, family, and home, from the master of middle grade suspense. What makes you you? The Greystone kids thought they knew. Chess has always been the protector over his younger siblings, Emma loves math, and Finn does what Finn does best—acting silly and being adored. They’ve been a happy family, just the three of them and their mom. But everything changes when reports of three kidnapped children—who share the same first and middle names, ages, and exact birth dates as the Greystone kids—reach the Greystone family. This bizarre coincidence makes them wonder: Who exactly are these strangers? Before Chess, Emma, and Finn can question their mom about it, she takes off on a mysterious work trip. But puzzling clues left behind lead to complex codes, hidden rooms, and a dangerous secret that will turn their world upside down.







I absolutely love the sounds of this book plus it is middle grade as well yes please and the book cover is absolutely gorgeous too.








22 comments:

  1. Looks like a great middle grade read! Love the premise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too I absolutely love the sound of this book as well. Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Greg.

      Delete
  2. i LOVE this style cover too! A great choice!

    Here's my Waiting On Wednesday post. Hope you're having a great week! Happy Hump Day! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post.

      Delete
  3. Interesting cover! I hope you enjoy it, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post my friend.

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to seeing your thoughts on this one - happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Christina.

      Delete
  5. I like the sound of the book. Something I would certainly read. Lovely cover too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I absolutely love the looks and sounds of this book as well. Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post my friend.

      Delete
  6. My Wednesday read will be Knowing You by Samantha Tonge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh that is the first time I have heard about this book DJ. Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post my friend.

      Delete
  7. This sounds interesting! Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Amanda.

      Delete
  8. This sounds like such a good MG read. And what a lovely cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I thought the same thing when I first read the synopsis of this book. Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Barb.

      Delete
  9. Hmm..I haven't heard of this book, but I love the cover! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Ronyell.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I absolutely love the gorgeous cover as well. Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Katelynne.

      Delete
  11. I love cover. The book sounds pretty interesting too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I absolutely love the gorgeous cover as well. Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Nicci.

      Delete