Can't-Wait Wednesday #25: The Devouring Gray (The Devouring Gray, #1) by Christine Lynn Herman

Wednesday, March 6, 2019




When I first started book blogging back in 2015 I starting to participate in  “Waiting On Wednesday”  that was a weekly meme that was originally created by Breaking The Spine.  Unfortunately Breaking the Spine is no longer hosting so I’m now linking my posts up to Wishful Endings Can’t Wait Wednesday. Don’t forget to stop over, link up and check out what books everyone else is waiting for.



Here Is My Can't Wait Wednesday Pick For This Week:


Title: The Devouring Gray

Series: The Devouring Gray, #1

By Christine Lynn Herman

Genre: Young Adult, Lgbt, Fantasy

Publication Date: April 2nd, 2019 by Titan Books







On the edge of town a beast haunts the woods, trapped in the Gray, its bonds loosening…

Uprooted from the city, Violet Saunders doesn’t have much hope of fitting in at her new school in Four Paths, a town almost buried in the woodlands of rural New York. The fact that she’s descended from one of the town’s founders doesn’t help much, either—her new neighbours treat her with distant respect, and something very like fear. When she meets Justin, May, Isaac, and Harper, all children of founder families, and sees the otherworldly destruction they can wreak, she starts to wonder if the townsfolk are right to be afraid.

When bodies start to appear in the woods, the locals become downright hostile. Can the teenagers solve the mystery of Four Paths, and their own part in it, before another calamity strikes?





This book really looks and sounds like an absolutely fantastic and amazing book and it fits right up my alley as well!







24 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I'm definitely looking forward to this one! Looks creepy and awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I really love the sounds of this book as well, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Greg.

      Delete
  2. Me too! It's got such a great cover, too! Yes, they SHOULD be VERY afraid! lol

    Great pick!

    Here's my Waiting On Wednesday post. Hope you're having a great week! Happy Hump Day! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Sassy Brit.

      Delete
  3. I just got an arc of this ones and I'm really looking forward to it. I love how creepy and atmospheric it looks!

    My CWW & WWW this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh that is so awesome that you got an arc of this book Louise, and thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post my friend.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes the book cover is really creepy I absolutely love it, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post my friend.

      Delete
  5. Can this book come out already!!! I can't stand this wait I want this one so much. Great Choice. I'm still waiting for Edelweiss to decide if I get an arc or not, but this late it would be ridiculous for the publisher to approve it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you so get the arc to read it Mir, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Mir.

      Delete
  6. I can't wait for this one to finally come out so I can see if I love it as much as I think I will. I hope it's worth the hype!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too I really hope it is worth the hype as well, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Barb.

      Delete
  7. That cover does look spooky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I absolutely love how spooky it is, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Heidi.

      Delete
  8. I grew up in woods like that. The spookiness is real. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I also grow up surrounded by woods as well, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Jordana.

      Delete
  9. The book sounds good and I like that cover. I'd not heard of it until now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I really love the sound of this book as well, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post my friend.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post my friend.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Amanda.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. I know right that's why I absolutely love the sound of it, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Katelynne.

      Delete