Can't-Wait Wednesday #21: The Candle and the Flame by Nafiza Azad

Wednesday, January 16, 2019



When I first started book blogging back in 2015 I starting to participate in  “Waiting On Wednesday”  that was a weekly meme that was originally created by Breaking The Spine.  Unfortunately Breaking the Spine is no longer hosting so I’m now linking my posts up to Wishful Endings Can’t Wait Wednesday. Don’t forget to stop over, link up and check out what books everyone else is waiting for.





  Here Is My Can't Wait Wednesday Pick For This Week:


Title: The Candle and the Flame

Author: Nafiza Azad

Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy

Publication Date: May 14th, 2019 by Scholastic 









Fatima lives in the city of Noor, a thriving stop along the Silk Road. There the music of myriad languages fills the air, and people of all faiths weave their lives together. However, the city bears scars of its recent past, when the chaotic tribe of Shayateen djinn slaughtered its entire population -- except for Fatima and two other humans. Now ruled by a new maharajah, Noor is protected from the Shayateen by the Ifrit, djinn of order and reason, and by their commander, Zulfikar.

But when one of the most potent of the Ifrit dies, Fatima is changed in ways she cannot fathom, ways that scare even those who love her. Oud in hand, Fatima is drawn into the intrigues of the maharajah and his sister, the affairs of Zulfikar and the djinn, and the dangers of a magical battlefield.

Nafiza Azad weaves an immersive tale of magic and the importance of names; fiercely independent women; and, perhaps most importantly, the work for harmony within a city of a thousand cultures and cadences.





Hi, everybody, I am finally back and ready to start to do CWW again I so missed doing this bookish meme. Now I can't wait for this book because it is young adult and fantasy genre and I absolutely love young adult and fantasy books and this one looks and sounds absolutely amazingly fantastic and right up my alley.








26 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog my friend.

      Delete
  2. I've seen this book everywhere! I'm so excited to read it as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we both enjoy reading this book as well Ruby Jo, thank you so much for stopping by my blog my friend.

      Delete
  3. Not heard of this one but it sounds great. I'll be adding it to my TBR.
    Gemma @ www.gemmasbooknook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy reading it as well when you get the chance, thank you so much for stopping by my blog my Gemma.

      Delete
  4. What a stunning cover. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I absolutely love the book cover as well, thank you so much for stopping by my blog my friend.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Right! I absolutely love the gorgeous book cover as well, thank you so much for stopping by my blog my friend.

      Delete
  6. I've always been fascinated by the Silk Road, and djinn as well as ifrit? Sign me up haha! Awesome choice. Love the sound of this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Thank you and thank you so much for stopping by my blog Greg.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you so much for stopping by my blog Ronyell.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Katelynne.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. I now right I absolutely love the gorgeous book cover as well, thank you so much for stopping by my blog Kathy.

      Delete
  10. You know, ive seen this book places before and when i am done with my daunting Pile of TBR from the library, i will get it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol you are very welcome and thank you so much for stopping by my blog Jenn.

      Delete
  11. love this weekly meme article! And this book looks so awesome!! Definitely one that I'll be adding to my wishlist. Thanks for sharing

    - Melissa
    http://melissasfandomworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and thank you so much for stopping by my blog Melissa.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. I love the gorgeous book cover as well, thank you so much for stopping by my blog my Jennilyn.

      Delete
  13. This definitely sounds like one I would be interested and I was pulled in by the cover. Great pick and I can see why you're eager to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you so much for stopping by my blog my friend.

      Delete