Review: Through the Woods by Emily Carroll

Monday, October 23, 2017


Title: Through the Woods

Series: Stand-Alone

Author: Emily Carroll

Genre: Young Adult, Graphic Novel, Horror 

Publication Date: July 15th 2014 by Margaret K. McElderry Books

Format: Hard Cover

Source: Library


Rating:








'It came from the woods. Most strange things do.'

Five mysterious, spine-tingling stories follow journeys into (and out of?) the eerie abyss.

These chilling tales spring from the macabre imagination of acclaimed and award-winning comic creator Emily Carroll.

Come take a walk in the woods and see what awaits you there...







Wow Through the Wood was a very creepy, scary and beautiful graphic novel! I have been wanting to read this amazing graphic novel for a long time now, so I decided to check it out from the library. And whoa I am happy to tell you that a thoroughly love and enjoy everything about this graphic novel. I especially love the different plot lines and stories each story was very spooky, eerie and very unique in there own way. I just love reading each spooky stories! The characters were very well developed and rounded. And my absolutely favorite part of this graphic novel was the art work in Through the Wood I totally love the dark color schemes in this book. The art work gave a very haunting and spooky vibe that kept me on my toes just seeing every art work in Through the Woods. Plus the writing style was very haunting and totally creepy that I just couldn't get enough of the writing style. All and all I really did love and enjoy everything in Through the Woods that it won't be my last book that I read by Emily Carroll. I will most definitely will continue reading more books & graphic novels by Emily Carroll in they near future!


















My name is Emily Carroll, and I was born in June of 1983. I grew up in London (Ontario) but moved to Vancouver for work after graduating Sheridan College's Classical Animation program. I have since moved back to Ontario, and now live in Stratford with my wife, Kate Craig. We have a very large cat.




                       
     



                        


4 comments:

  1. I still need to get around to reading this one!! Glad you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you must I think you will quite enjoy this one as well Erica, thank you so much for stopping by my blog my friend.

      Delete
  2. This is one of my favorite graphic novels because the artwork is beautiful. I really need to reread it. Great review!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love the artwork so much as well it was very creepy and very beautiful all in the same time, thank you so much for stopping by my blog AJ.

      Delete