Review: The Bane Chronicles (The Bane Chronicles #1-11) by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan & Maureen Johnson

Monday, June 19, 2017


Title: The Bane Chronicles

Series: The Bane Chronicles #1-11

Author: Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan &  Maureen Johnson

Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance

Publication Date: November 11th 2014 by Margaret K. McElderry Books

Format: Hardcover

Source: Library


Rating: 







Fans of The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices can get to know warlock Magnus Bane like never before in this collection of New York Times bestselling tales, in print for the first time with an exclusive new story and illustrated material.

This collection of eleven short stories illuminates the life of the enigmatic Magnus Bane, whose alluring personality, flamboyant style, and sharp wit populate the pages of the #1 New York Times bestselling series, The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices.

Originally released one-by-one as e-only short stories by Cassandra Clare, Maureen Johnson, and Sarah Rees Brennan, this compilation presents all ten together in print for the first time and includes a never-before-seen eleventh tale, as well as new illustrated material.







Haa what an epic adventure it was reading The Bane Chronicles was for me. I tell you all the truth I was kind of iffy going into this book, because I read the first story What Really Happened in Peru a couple a years ago. While I enjoy the first book that had me giggling in some parts, but I did not love it too continue on read the other stories. I wanted too wait and see if Cassandra Clare made a whole book with the short novella's of The Bane Chronicles. Which I heard she was doing one whole book with all the novella's and I was jumping up and down with joy when the whole book finally did come out. But sadly I didn't have time too check The Bane Chronicles out from the library the year it came out, until this year I finally check it out from the library. Because I want too read both The Bane Chronicles and Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy which I am going to try to check out next month or on Aug. So I can be prepare to read The Dark Artifices books hopefully I can get too them by this fall or winter. But other than that I really love and enjoyed everything in this amazing book especially I love reading about one of my favorite characters and couple of all time. Magnus Bane & Alec (Malec) just so swoon worthy. This book is all about Magnus Bane and his adventures and troubles he has during the years he is Warlock of the century. I don't want to get into any details because I think everybody's knows what this fantastic book is about. But I just love reading and learning more about Magnus and the downworlders and on how everything went down before Clary and Jem. But my favorite part reading is the Malec chapters ohh how swoon worthy was it with both Magnus and Alec together. Ahh I can keep on gushing about them but I think everybody understands my giddiness and fandom with Malec together just swoon! All and all I absolutely, utterly and totally love The Bane Chronicles that I can't wait too continue reading more of Cassandra Clare books! 

















Cassandra Clare 


"Cassandra Clare was born overseas and spent her early years traveling around the world with her family and several trunks of fantasy books. Cassandra worked for several years as an entertainment journalist for the Hollywood Reporter before turning her attention to fiction. She is the author of City of Bones, the first book in the Mortal Instruments trilogy and a New York Times bestseller. Cassandra lives with her fiance and their two cats in Massachusetts."



Sarah Rees Brennan 


Sarah Rees Brennan is Irish and currently lives in Dublin. For a short stint, she lived in New York and became involved with a wide circle of writers who encouraged and supported her, including Holly Black and Cassandra Clare. She has developed a wide audience through her popular blog, mistful.livejournal.com, where she writes movie parodies, book reviews and some stories.
        


Maureen Johnson 


Maureen knew from an early age she wanted to be a writer. She went to high school at an all-girls' Catholic school and graduated from University of Delaware with a degree in writing. She now lives and writes in New York City.

Many of the adventures Maureen's characters face in her books are based on real-life stories. Maureen has traveled all over Europe, and is a Secret Sister to vlog brothers Hank and John Green.


   





No comments:

Post a Comment