"Waiting On" Wednesday #29: Three Dark Crowns (Untitled #1) by Kendare Blake

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

 


 
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill At Breaking The Spine , that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating
 
 
 
 
What too participate? Grab the logo post your own WOW entry on your blog and leave your link below. 



 


Here Is My WOW  Pick For This Week:
 
 
Three Dark Crowns (Untitled #1)
 
By Kendare Blake
 
Publication Date: September 20th 2016 by HarperTeen
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Every generation on the island of Fennbirn, a set of triplets is born: three queens, all equal heirs to the crown and each possessor of a coveted magic. Mirabella is a fierce elemental, able to spark hungry flames or vicious storms at the snap of her fingers. Katharine is a poisoner, one who can ingest the deadliest poisons without so much as a stomachache. Arsinoe, a naturalist, is said to have the ability to bloom the reddest rose and control the fiercest of lions.

But becoming the Queen Crowned isn’t solely a matter of royal birth. Each sister has to fight for it. And it’s not just a game of win or lose…it’s life or death. The night the sisters turn sixteen, the battle begins. The last queen standing gets the crown.

If only it was that simple. Katharine is unable to tolerate the weakest poison, and Arsinoe, no matter how hard she tries, can’t make even a weed grow. The two queens have been shamefully faking their powers, taking care to keep each other, the island, and their powerful sister Mirabella none the wiser. But with alliances being formed, betrayals taking shape, and ruthless revenge haunting the queens’ every move, one thing is certain: the last queen standing might not be the strongest…but she may be the darkest.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I have always wanted to read a Kendare Blake book because I heard great things about her books, and this one looks and sounds absolutely fantastic, amazing and most definitely right up my alley!
 
 
 
 
 
What Is Your WOW Pick For This Week?
 

10 comments:

  1. Just like you, I've been waiting to pick up a Kendare Blake book for so long! I've seen this book around the blogosphere and I must admit my interest is definitely piqued :)) Great pick, Kati!

    Check out my WoW here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right the synopsis really peek my interest too thank you so much for stopping by my blog. :D

      Delete
  2. I didn't like Anna Dressed in Blood as much as I hoped BUT it was still an original concept, so I'm looking forward to this one.

    My WoW post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by my blog Majanka! :D

      Delete
  3. I'm very curious about this one, great pick !

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Melissa! :D

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to read this! I love Kendare's books so much!

    My WoW: https://wonderlessreviews.wordpress.com/2016/03/16/waiting-on-wednesday-1/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really excited for it as well I just can't wait to get my grabby little hands on it! lol Thank you for stopping by my blog my friend. :D

      Delete
  5. I am looking forward to this one as well. I think the cover looks very mysterious and I have heard great things about Blake's books. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also heard great things about Kendare Blake's books as well. And I have a really good feeling that I am going to absolutely love and enjoy her books! Thank you for stopping by my blog Barb! :D

      Delete