Featured & Follow Friday #19: Ten Reasons You Read Your Favorite Genre

Friday, February 26, 2016

 
 
THE FUTURE & FOLLOW IS HOSTED BY TWO HOSTS, PARAJUNKEE OF PARAJUNKEE'S VIEW AND ALISON OF ALISON CAN READ. EACH HOST WILL HAVE THEIR OWN FEATURE BLOG AND THIS WAY IT’LL ALLOW US TO SHOW OFF MORE NEW BLOGS.
 
 
 
HOW DOES THE #FF WORK?
  • The goal is to increase blog followers, make friends and have something to post.
  • You create your own post using the post prompt.
  • You leave your link and thumbnail in the linky list that links back to your post prompt.
  • Once you have your post up and linked, visit other posts and tell them hi. The point is to FOLLOW them not just comment.
  • If you see a post that just hit it to the moon, or just want to show appreciation to a fellow blogger friend, like their name on the linky list to show some appreciation.
  • The person with the most likes gets chosen as the next Feature (you can be chosen every 90 days unless we are in need of features)
  • It is required that if you participate that you have to follow the FEATURE. It is a big no-no to participate and ignore the feature. They are the special snowflake in this little blizzard.
  • As a participant it is up to your discretion on how you want people to follow. Please post RSS, GFC etc if you have a follow of choice.
 
Specific RULES
  • Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
  • If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followedFollow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
  • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
  • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
 
 
 
The Post Prompt:

Ten Reasons You Read Your Favorite Genre?

submitted by Parajunkee
 
 
 
 
My Answer:
 
I do read a lot of mix genre's but my all time favorite genre is YA Urban Fantasy or Paranormal Romance!
 
 
 
 
1. I love the different types of paranormal and magical creatures you get introduce in a paranormal or urban fantasy world.
 
 
 
 
2. The three different time periods were these genre can be set in historical, modern, or futuristic periods. I especially love the historical time period!
 
 
 
 
3. Forbidden Romance. The romance between two main characters who are madly in love with each other but there love is strictly  forbidden. I especially love to read a when different magical or paranormal creatures fall in love.
 
 
 
 
4. Love Triangles. I know I am in the less majority but I absolutely love and don't mind love triangles. I love too read the two different characters who is trying to win the love of the main female/male character. I love to read who is truly the right one for the main character.
 
 
 
5. Special Hidden Powers. When a main character find out that they have a special hidden power that they never now the had to begin with. It is a A+ for me that I would have never guess that the main character had that special hidden power. 
 
 
 
6. Boarding School or High School Setting. It is really nostalgic to  me to read this genre in a school setting. It really brings me back some great memories for me when I was in High School.   
 
 
 
7.  The Coming Of Age. The growth of the main character coming into adult hood always fascinates me. To read them learn and grow up too a strong mature adult.
 
 
 
 
8. The struggle the main character goes through with there hidden special powers. I absolutely love to read when the struggle with the main character have with there powers at first but quickly learn fast how to use them probably.
 
 
 
 
9. The Battle Of Good vs. Evil. I never get tire reading books with a great battle scene between Good vs. Evil in urban fantasy or paranormal romance. I really love to read the actions in a battle scenes in a novels. 
 
 
 
 
10. The Villains. Almost all the books I read with my favorite genre have the most evil, cold hearted and vile villains ever, that it really makes my skin crawl when I reading about them. But I absolutely and utterly love reading about them!
 
 
 
How About You?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Please Follow Me
EVERYTHING IS ON THE SIDEBAR AS WELL:

 


 GFC
 
 
 


 
 

 

 



 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Nice answers. Romance is one of the genres that I can not get into.

    Old Follower

    Theresa
    The Truth About Books
    My FF Answer Here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog.

      Delete
  2. Fantasy is not a genre that I can read anymore - at least not YA fantasy (with the exceptions of Sarah J Maas and Julie Kagawa). I can see how meeting awesome creatures would be interesting in books. I am also a sucker for villains. I've been recommended Leigh Bardugo's series solely based on the fact that I would LOVE The Darkling.

    New Bloglovin' Follower! My F&F Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard the same thing about The Darkling which I haven't read the Grisha trilogy yet.Thank you for stopping by and following my blog.

      Delete
  3. I also LOVE love triangles!! I never know why so many people hate it :P And I also love the forbidden or secret romances hehe :) Seems like we're on the same page with a lot of things! Great answers :)

    Check out my answers here!


    Florentine @ Readiculously Peachy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Following you through twitter and Google + btw :)

      Delete
    2. Lol I just can't help myself I really love reading about love triangles, and I am so glad and happy I am not the only one that loves it as well. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog.

      Delete
  4. I'm a huge fan of Coming-Of-Age stories!
    New Bloglovin' follower :)

    Here's my Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog.

      Delete
  5. I do adore some urban fantasy and paranormal books <3 add in a coming of age story with a good villain and/or forbidden romance and you have me hooked! I definitely want to read some more and so I'll be looking through your great blog for some recommendations :D I'm a new GFC & Bloglovin follower
    My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog Anna! :)

      Delete
  6. New follower via Google plus. I agree with your answers! My FFF: http://wp.me/p5Q4Dh-1Dr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog Nell. :)

      Delete