Can't-Wait Wednesday #30: Dragonslayer (Dragonslayer, #1) by Duncan M. Hamilton

Wednesday, May 8, 2019




When I first started book blogging back in 2015 I starting to participate in  “Waiting On Wednesday”  that was a weekly meme that was originally created by Breaking The Spine.  Unfortunately Breaking the Spine is no longer hosting so I’m now linking my posts up to Wishful Endings Can’t Wait Wednesday. Don’t forget to stop over, link up and check out what books everyone else is waiting for.


Here Is My Can't Wait Wednesday Pick For This Week:


Title: Dragonslayer 

Series: Dragonslayer, #1

By Duncan M. Hamilton 

Genre: Fantasy

Publication Date: July 2nd, 2019 by Tor Books







BuzzFeed Greatest Fantasy Book of the Year author


 In his magnificent, heroic, adventure fantasy, Dragonslayer, Duncan M. Hamilton debuts the first book in a fast-moving trilogy: a dangerous tale of lost magics, unlikely heroes, and reawakened dragons. 


Once a member of the King's personal guard, Guillot dal Villevaurais spends most days drinking and mourning his wife and child. He's astonished--and wary--when the Prince Bishop orders him to find and destroy a dragon. He and the Prince Bishop have never exactly been friends and Gill left the capitol in disgrace five years ago. So why him? And, more importantly, how is there a dragon to fight when the beasts were hunted to extinction centuries ago by the ancient Chevaliers of the Silver Circle? On the way to the capitol city, Gill rescues Solène, a young barmaid, who is about to be burned as a witch. He believes her innocent...but she soon proves that she has plenty of raw, untrained power, a problem in this land, where magic is forbidden. Yet the Prince Bishop believes magic will be the key to both destroying the dragon and replacingthe young, untried King he pretends to serve with a more pliable figurehead.  Between Gill's rusty swordsmanship and Solène's unstable magic, what could go wrong? 





I absolutely love blue book covers and this book caught my eyes really quick plus it has a Dragon in the front cover as well, I totally love fantasy books that have dragon in them!








12 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a magical story! I love the book cover too! Thanks for sharing!!!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post.

      Delete
  2. Nice pick it sounds like an excellent book, Thanks for posting!!!

    https://booknerdrambling.blogspot.com/2019/05/cant-wait-wednesday104-thousand-fires.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post.

      Delete
  3. Ooh! This sounds like an interesting book! Great pick!!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I really love the sound of it as well, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post.

      Delete
  4. This book cover is so nice and such an interesting concept!

    Lotte | www.lottelauv.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I really love the sound of this book as well, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post.

      Delete
  5. This book looks fun! Here is my post https://paigesofbook.blogspot.com/2019/05/cant-wait-wednesday-going-off-script.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post.

      Delete
  6. Dragons! Sign me up. I'm in for anything with dragons lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I will read anything with Dragons set in the book, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post.

      Delete