Can't-Wait Wednesday #29: Nocturna (A Forgery of Magic, #1) by Maya Motayne

Wednesday, April 10, 2019



When I first started book blogging back in 2015 I starting to participate in  “Waiting On Wednesday”  that was a weekly meme that was originally created by Breaking The Spine.  Unfortunately Breaking the Spine is no longer hosting so I’m now linking my posts up to Wishful Endings Can’t Wait Wednesday. Don’t forget to stop over, link up and check out what books everyone else is waiting for.


Here Is My Can't Wait Wednesday Pick For This Week:



Title: Nocturna 

Series: A Forgery of Magic, #1

By Maya Motayne

Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy

Publication Date: May 7th, 2019 by Balzer + Bray






Set in a Latinx-inspired world, a face-changing thief and a risk-taking prince must team up to defeat a powerful evil they accidentally unleashed. To Finn Voy, magic is two things: a knife to hold under the chin of anyone who crosses her…and a disguise she shrugs on as easily as others pull on cloaks. As a talented faceshifter, it’s been years since Finn has seen her own face, and that’s exactly how she likes it. But when Finn gets caught by a powerful mobster, she’s forced into an impossible mission: steal a legendary treasure from Castallan’s royal palace or be stripped of her magic forever. After the murder of his older brother, Prince Alfehr is first in line for the Castallan throne. But Alfie can’t help but feel that he will never live up to his brother’s legacy. Riddled with grief, Alfie is obsessed with finding a way to bring his brother back, even if it means dabbling in forbidden magic. But when Finn and Alfie’s fates collide, they accidentally unlock a terrible, ancient power—which, if not contained, will devour the world. And with Castallan’s fate in their hands, Alfie and Finn must race to vanquish what they have unleashed, even if it means facing the deepest darkness in their pasts.






Yes please a Latinx-inspired world, and shapeshifting that just makes my Latina heart sing I really need to check this book out when it comes out in May! 







8 comments:

  1. Though I don't know anything about this one (probably largely because I'm not much of a fantasy fan), this cover art is SO intricate and the whole look of it is quite cool. Hope you enjoy this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh forbidden magic and shapeshifting- I always enjoy both those things showing up in a story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished reading this one the other day! I have a feeling that you are going to really enjoy it. Definitely a fantastic concept. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this cover and the Latina vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kati! Oh I do love a bit of shapeshifting!! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a huge fan of fantasy but I saw this one Netgalley and was definitely intrigued. Plus the cover is gorgeous! I hope you enjoy it when you get to it.

    Tina @As Told By Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cover, and that sounds really good! Also makes me think of Arya in Game of Thrones. Great pick! You can check out my pick at Lisa Loves Literature.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one sounds great. I really love the cover!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete