Can't-Wait Wednesday #6: The Bird and the Blade by Megan Bannen

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

When I first started book blogging back in 2015 I starting to participate in  “Waiting On Wednesday”  that was a weekly meme that was originally created by Breaking The Spine.  Unfortunately Breaking the Spine is no longer hosting so I’m now linking my posts up to Wishful Endings Can’t Wait Wednesday. Don’t forget to stop over, link up and check out what books everyone else is waiting for.


  Here Is My Can't Wait Wednesday Pick For This Week:
Title: The Bird and the Blade
By  Megan Bannen
Publication Date: June 5th, 2018 by Balzer + Bray
As a slave in the Kipchak Khanate, Jinghua has lost everything: her home, her family, her freedom … until she finds herself an unlikely conspirator in the escape of Prince Khalaf and his irascible father as they flee from their enemies across the vast Mongol Empire. On the run, with adversaries on all sides and an endless journey ahead, Jinghua hatches a scheme to use the Kipchaks’ exile to return home, a plan that becomes increasingly fraught as her feelings for Khalaf evolve into a hopeless love.

Jinghua’s already dicey prospects take a downward turn when Khalaf seeks to restore his kingdom by forging a marriage alliance with Turandokht, the daughter of the Great Khan. As beautiful as she is cunning, Turandokht requires all potential suitors to solve three impossible riddles to win her hand—and if they fail, they die.

Jinghua has kept her own counsel well, but with Khalaf’s kingdom—and his very life—on the line, she must reconcile the hard truth of her past with her love for a boy who has no idea what she’s capable of ... even if it means losing him to the girl who’d sooner take his life than his heart.

THE BIRD AND THE BLADE is a lush, powerful story of life and death, battles and riddles, lies, and secrets from debut author Megan Bannen.
This book looks and sounds absolutely fantastic and so right up my alley and the cover is absolutely gorgeous, I absolutely love fantasy books but the names in fantasy books are always so hard and difficult for me to say. I always shorten them when I am reading a fantasy book and I know if I get this book I am so going to shorten these names as well. 

36 comments:

  1. The cover is beautiful and it sounds pretty awesome too. Hadn't heard of it but now I'm adding it to my wish list ;) My CWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love the cover as well, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW Eve.

      Delete
  2. Ooh this looks like a great debut. And Asian- inspired fantasy as well, looks like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know right it does look like an Asian inspired fantasy book, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW Greg.

      Delete
  3. I have to laugh about the names, I do the same thing. I love the names though, they’re always so different and unique. But I would certainly wouldn’t be able to say it out loud. Lol... This sounds really amazing! Secrets, battles and a love story isn’t ere too, yes please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol yes the names in fantasy book are very unique names I like them too but it is really hard to sound it out in my mind. Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW Jenea.

      Delete
  4. I agree, this sounds so good, and the cover is STUNNING. Great choice:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right the cover is absolutely gorgeous! I love it as well thank you so much for stopping by my CWW Tammy.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post DJ.

      Delete
  6. I have an e-ARC of this book but it's so hard to get around to reading them sometimes. It does sound like an amazing story, though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I hope you enjoy it Stephanie if you get the chance to read and review it, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Stephanie.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I know right the cover is absolutely gorgeous I really love it, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Nikki.

      Delete
  8. What a gorgeous cover. I hope you enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I absolutely love the cover as well, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Randi.

      Delete
  9. Stunning Cover. I hope you enjoy your read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post.

      Delete
  10. The cover + the description = NEED. I hope you love it. I'll be on the look out for your review and will be on the look out to snag this one from the local book store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right everything looks and sounds absolutely amazingly fantastic! Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. I love the cover as well, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Jo.

      Delete
  12. I like the sound of this book and that cover is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I absolutely love the cover as well, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post.

      Delete
  13. This sounds like a great fantasy read. I will have to add this to my TBR list!

    Mary my Can’t Wait Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know right I absolutely love fantasy books as well. Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post.

      Delete
  14. That cover is so pretty and this sounds like such an exciting world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes doesn't it looks and sounds absolutely fantastic! Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post.

      Delete
  15. This does sound good and it's a gorgeous cover. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I absolutely love the gorgeous cover as well, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Barb.

      Delete
  16. Oooh! I love the cover of this book and this book sounds awesome! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love the cover as well, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Ronyell.

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Erica.

      Delete
  18. This does sound like a cuddle-up-ignore-the-world-because-I'm-reading kind of book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I just love books like that, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Terri.

      Delete