Featured & Follow Friday #43 & Book Blogger Hop #16

Friday, September 9, 2016






THE FUTURE & FOLLOW IS HOSTED BY TWO HOSTS, PARAJUNKEE OF PARAJUNKEE'S VIEW AND ALISON OF ALISON CAN READ. EACH HOST WILL HAVE THEIR OWN FEATURE BLOG AND THIS WAY IT’LL ALLOW US TO SHOW OFF MORE NEW BLOGS.


Post Prompt:

Have you ever disliked or felt “meh” about a book only to later change your mind and love it?

Submitted by: Megan @ Love Literature Art and Reason



My Answer:

Unfortunately for me my answer is no I still feel kind of meh and dislike the books that didn't wow me or I couldn't get into. I rarely or never do changed my opinion on books that I have read.  




Book Blogger Hop






Book Blogger Hop Hosted by Billy B. at Ramblings Of A Coffee Addicted Writer




This Week Question:

When you set a yearly reading goal, do you set it high to force yourself to meet that goal or do you keep it low and normally go over that goal any way? (submitted by Elizabeth)



My Answer:

I usually set my reading goal a little higher and try too met it. But when I know that it would be impossible for me to reach that high reading goal, I lower it just a smidge to a reading goal that I now that I can accomplish that reading goal.  



How About You?


Please Follow Me 



EVERYTHING IS ON THE RIGHT SIDEBAR AS WELL:




10 comments:

  1. I agree about the books. Sometimes I push myself to rea books that others didn't like and I, too don't like them in the end. As for the reading goal, I also try to meet it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Alexandra!

      Delete
  2. I'm a low goal setter. I find I get a greater enjoyment by not setting expectations for myself and get more out of the books I read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I should start to put low goal on my reading as well because I totally agree with you about setting love reading goals. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Whitney.

      Delete
  3. I set my Goodreads goal low. I don't like the stress it would cause if I made it higher.

    Reading is my most favorite thing, and I want to enjoy it.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am going too start doing that as well I really do agree with you about setting reading goals low. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Elizabeth.

      Delete
  4. I tend to set my reading goal low so as to avoid stressing myself out. I'm not big on reading for numbers. Rather, I prefer to focus on quality, enjoyment and reading at my own pace.

    As for a book I didn't like the first time around but loved the second: Pride and Prejudice. It went from being a bore to one of my all time favorite books. All because I read it at a better time in my life the second time around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I most definitely am going to start to set my reading goals low because I totally agree with you it is a lot more less stressful when you have a low setting reading challenge and just enjoy reading books. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  5. I tend to set low goals I know I can hit, less stress and disappointment. I don't think I've ever went back to a book I didn't like and was wow'd by it the second time around. If I don't like something I'm not going to waste my time reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you about the reading goal and that's exactly how I feel about a book that doesn't wow me or I never liked the books. I usually give the books that I don't like away when I finished reading them. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Shandy Jo.

      Delete