"Waiting On" Wednesday #34: Kingdom of Ash and Briars by Hannah West

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

 


 
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill At Breaking The Spine , that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating
 
 

 
What too participate? Grab the logo post your own WOW entry on your blog and leave your link below. 





Here Is My WOW  Pick For This Week:
 
 
Kingdom of Ash and Briars
 
By  Hannah West
 
Publication Date: September 15th 2016 by Holiday House, Inc.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Bristal, a sixteen-year-old kitchen maid, lands in a fairy tale gone wrong when she discovers she has elicromancer magic in her blood. Elicromancers are an ancient breed of immortal people, but only two remain in Nissera after a bloody civil war. Bristal joins the ranks of Brack and Tamarice without knowing that one of them has a dark secret . . . Tamarice is plotting a quest to overthrow the realm’s nobility and take charge herself. Together, Bristal and Brack must guard the three kingdoms of Nissera against Tamarice’s black elicromancy. There are cursed princesses to protect, royal alliances to forge and fierce monsters to battle—all with the hope of preserving peace.

Building on homages to Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Jane Austen’s Emma and the Chinese legend of Hua Mulan, Hannah West makes a spectacular and wholly original debut.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I absolutely love and adore fairy-tale esque books plus this one is mix with fantasy elements in the story which is always an A+ for me! And this one really looks and sounds like a fantastic book that I have a great feeling that I am going too totally love and enjoy this book when it comes out!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
What Is Your WOW Pick For This Week?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

20 comments:

  1. Oh I love the sound of this one and the cover looks so pretty.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right the cover is really gorgeous as well. Thank you for stopping by my blog! :D

      Delete
  2. This one has such a beautiful cover and I absolutely love fairytale elements! I wish they didn't allude to a dark secret and then tell us what it is immediately in the summary though. :/

    My WoW
    http://epiloguereview.blogspot.com/2016/04/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html?m=1#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the cover is really beautiful. Thank you for stopping by my blog! :D

      Delete
  3. That cover is gorgeous! Nice choice! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Thank you for stopping by my blog! :D

      Delete
  4. Ooh I love the cover and I love the synopsis *runs to add to TBR* anything fairytale related in YA and I want it. Add in magic and I need it!
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I absolutely love anything with fairytale in books as well especially if it is YA. Thank you for stopping by my blog Anna! :D

      Delete
  5. I haven't heard of this one, but I love magical stories. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Great pick, and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and thank you for stopping by my blog Christina! :D

      Delete
  6. Oh, this sounds really good. That cover is so beautiful too. I have a feeling this will be a good one. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have a feeling this one will be really good as well! Thank you for stopping by my blog Angel! :D

      Delete
  7. I love the title, so dramatic but with a hint of old school fairy tale elegance :D

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right the cover and synopsis sold me for this book! Thank you for stopping by my blog. :D

      Delete
  8. I just saw this somewhere else, but it sounds so good! I love retellings, and this is like a combo of a bunch of stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I heard too this is a combo with a bunch a fairytale retellings as well. Thank you for stopping by my blog Lisa! :D

      Delete
  9. Mmm. Fairy tale twist with a necromancer? I'm all in!! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and thank you for stopping by my blog Tressa! :D

      Delete
  10. Ooo, interesting concept! And cover too - I like what's going on with her shadow. I'd not heard of this book before. I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it, Katiria!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by Alyssa! :D

      Delete