Release Day Blitz: Romancing the Nerd (Nerd #2) by Leah Rae Miller

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Romancing The Nerd Release Day Blitz

Don’t miss today’s Teaser Tuesday from Romancing The Nerd by Leah Rae Miller, the companion novel to The Summer I Became a Nerd, and which is available in stores and online today: April 5, 2016!

Logan says, “And we haven’t seen you at LARP, either. Planning on playing, like, ever again?” “I just don’t have the time. It’s painful to talk about, dude. I hate it.” I’m not kidding, either. I miss the smell of duct tape and face paint, and the smell of fear that always accompanied my arrival. “There’s a game tonight,” Logan says pitifully. And there’s another twist to the gut. I haven’t hung out with him in ages. “I can’t. There’s this stupid fund-raiser thing I have to go to. Taxidermy Todd insists.” I shrug. Logan punches me in the shoulder. “Come on, man. When was the last time you did anything for yourself? You have to have a little fun sometimes. YOLO.” To be honest, I can’t remember the last time I went to a movie or played video games until dawn. I’m always on a schedule. Chatting with effyeahFinityGirl is something I have to do on the sly by hiding under the covers with my phone, or by waiting until my parents go to sleep. Would it really be so horrible to miss one little fund-raiser? I take a moment before I answer, trying to remember the last time I got in big trouble. Finally, I decide I’m due for a little mischief. “Well, you know what they say, ‘Only the brave catch the worm.’ Fine. I’ll be there. But on one condition.” I hear a sigh of frustration from Zelda, who’s been reading this whole time, and I cut my eyes at the back of her head. “What?” “I can’t even begin to explain what’s wrong with what you just said, because it was such an amalgamation of stupidity.” I open my mouth to deliver a scathing retort, but Logan speaks up, trying to defuse the tension. “What’s the condition?” I decide to let Zelda’s comment roll off my back. Rise above, Garrett. I turn back to Logan. “You shall never say ‘YOLO’ again. Like, ever. Ever, ever, ever.”
Romancing the Nerd-1600x2400 copy

About Romancing the Nerd (Nerd, #2):

Dan Garrett has become exactly what he hates—popular. Until recently, he was just another live-action role-playing nerd on the lowest rung of the social ladder. Cue a massive growth spurt and an uncanny skill at taking three-point shots in basketball and voilà…Mr. Popular. It’s definitely weird. And the biggest drawback? Going from high school zero to basketball hero cost Dan the secret girl of his dorky dreams. A band geek with an eclectic fashion sense, Zelda Potts’s “coolness” stat is about minus forty-two. Dan turning his back on her and the rest of nerd-dom was brutal enough, but when he humiliates her at school, Zelda decides it’s time for a little revenge—dork style. Never mind that she used to have a crush on him. Never mind that her plan could backfire big time. It’s time to roll the dice…and hope like freakin’ hell she doesn’t lose her heart in the process.

Want to read more? Buy Romancing the Nerd (Nerd, #2) now:

add-to-goodreads

Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment