Featured & Follow Friday #23: Short Stories

Thursday, March 24, 2016

   
 
 
THE FUTURE & FOLLOW IS HOSTED BY TWO HOSTS, PARAJUNKEE OF PARAJUNKEE'S VIEW AND ALISON OF ALISON CAN READ. EACH HOST WILL HAVE THEIR OWN FEATURE BLOG AND THIS WAY IT’LL ALLOW US TO SHOW OFF MORE NEW BLOGS.
 
I AM TODAY FEATURED BLOGGER AND I WANT TOO THANK YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART TOO ALL THE LOVELY FOLLOWERS WHO VOTED FOR ME I REALLY DO APPRICIATE IT! THANK YOU SO MUCH! <3
 
 
 
HOW DOES THE #FF WORK?
  • The goal is to increase blog followers, make friends and have something to post.
  • You create your own post using the post prompt.
  • You leave your link and thumbnail in the linky list that links back to your post prompt.
  • Once you have your post up and linked, visit other posts and tell them hi. The point is to FOLLOW them not just comment.
  • If you see a post that just hit it to the moon, or just want to show appreciation to a fellow blogger friend, like their name on the linky list to show some appreciation.
  • The person with the most likes gets chosen as the next Feature (you can be chosen every 90 days unless we are in need of features)
  • It is required that if you participate that you have to follow the FEATURE. It is a big no-no to participate and ignore the feature. They are the special snowflake in this little blizzard.
  • As a participant it is up to your discretion on how you want people to follow. Please post RSS, GFC etc if you have a follow of choice.
 
Specific RULES
  • Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
  • If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followedFollow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
  • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
  • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers.
 
 
The Post Prompt:

Short Stories (as companions to a series): What do you love about them and hate about them?


submitted by Kristine

 
 
 
 
My Answer:
 
This is a really great post prompt question. I absolutely love novella's short stories, because we do get too learn more of the backstory of a specific character that you really want to find out and learn more about the specific character. But I so despise of short stories is  when there is a major event in a short story with that character and it just get cuts at the end and we don't now what happens next until the next book comes out. We could wait for a couple of months or it can be a year long wait, and that is pure torture for me too wait that long. But I totally understand why an author makes us wait that long she just wants everything too be a great and epic series. Even though it's pure torture to wait. I will admit too you that I would be waiting  patiently without going crazy for the next book to come out. Because I just know the next book will be pure epic greatness!  lol :D
 

 How About You? 
 
 
 
 
Please Follow Me
EVERYTHING IS ON THE SIDEBAR AS WELL:


 


 GFC
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 

 



 

 

 


<!-- end InLinkz script —>




              

14 comments:

  1. I personally don't like novellas/short stories, unless they are free content. $2.99 for like, 30 pages? No, thank you. I like what Penguin/Renee Ahdieh did - two of the e-shorts they published were free! One was $1.99, but hey, I like that two of them were free. :D

    Great post, Katiria!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by my blog Alyssa. I can understand you don't like novella's because of the contents and etc. But once I am hooked on the book series. I always get the novella's yes it doesn't have a lot of content but I always love getting back to the world a what not and I don't mind paying it for 2.99 etc.

      Delete
  2. I like learning more about characters when I am already invested in the story, but when I haven't read the series and the shorts give stuff away that can be a bummer. New follower from #FF on Bloglovin! Lisa @ Just Another Rabid Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and following my book blog Lisa. Yes me too but I always read the book series in chronological order so I won't get spoil. I don't go to the novella's first unless the novella's is first for the book series.

      Delete
  3. I don't mind them if they have enough content. I also won't pay more than.99 for one as some offer them for crazy prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally understand that Stormi, but I absolutely love them if I am a fan of the book series I am going to get the novella. I don't mind getting them even if there are $2.99. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog Stormi.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on getting featured! I agree with you, short stories can be great! But sometimes, like Stormi & Alyssa mentioned above, they can be too little content for the price they demand. But overall, I like them. :)

    Old GFC follower :)

    Here's my FFF

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog. I can totally understand that, but I don't mind buying the novella's at all. Because if I love the book series I am going to buy the novella's. And I always end up loving the novella's as well.

      Delete
  5. I love them! If I am in love with a series, then I am grateful for whatever extra glimpses an author will share of their world.

    New follower via Google+

    --Kimberly @ Love YA Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I totally agree with you if I absolutely love the book series I am going to buy the novella as well. But I do totally understand why some readers don't like them as well. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog Kimberly.

      Delete
  6. Hi Kati,

    Congratulations on getting featured this week. I loved your topic. I think you have a very valid point about how frustrating it can be when a short story introduces a big event that can't get the full exposure it would if it had been a book instead. In this case, I too would much prefere waiting a little longer and getting an entire book. I am a new Twitter and Bloglovin follower. You can view my post here : http://www.theplotbunny.com/feature-follow-short-stories-companions-series-love-hate/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I so don't like it when the author does that in the novella's, but I understand why they do it. lol Thank you for stopping by and following my blog Marcilia.

      Delete
  7. I don't particularly like novellas and short stories. Like the gals above, if I do feel inclined to purchase one, I definitely would not pay more than 99 cents for one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally understand that Charlie, but if I absolutely love the book series I don't mind buying the novella's, and I always end up loving the novella's as well. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog.

      Delete