Spotlight: Lights on the Sea by Miquel Reina

Monday, November 5, 2018





Hello, my friends today I am doing a spotlight on Lights on the Sea by Miquel Reina I hope you enjoy the spotlight!










Title: Lights on the Sea 

By  Miquel Reina 
Genre: Magic Realism Publication Date: September 25th, 2018 by AmazonCrossing Add-On Goodreads
In this riveting debut, prize-winning artist and filmmaker Miquel Reina maps out ambitious and fantastical new territory in a novel about a couple holding on for dear life as their world takes an extraordinary fall…

On the highest point of an island, in a house clinging to the edge of a cliff, live Mary Rose and Harold Grapes, a retired couple still mourning the death of their son thirty-five years before. Weighed down by decades of grief and memories, the Grapeses have never moved past the tragedy. Then, on the eve of eviction from the most beautiful and dangerously unstable perch in the area, they’re uprooted by a violent storm. The disbelieving Grapeses and their home take a free-fall slide into the white-capped sea and float away.

As the past that once moored them recedes and disappears, Mary Rose and Harold are delivered from decades of sorrow by the ebb and flow of the waves. Ahead of them, a light shimmers on the horizon, guiding them toward a revelatory and cathartic new engagement with life, and all its wonder.

Wildly imaginative, deeply poignant, and entirely unexpected, Lights on the Sea sweeps readers away on a journey of fate, acceptance, redemption, and survival against the most rewarding of odds.
"Miquel Reina's Lights on the Sea is an absolutely lovely, beautiful novel with a dreamy, fable-like quality that will appeal to readers. Fans of Life of Pi will love this novel." – Kristin Hannah, NYT bestseller author of "The Nightingale"

"An enjoyable, finely written fantasy tale." – Kirkus Reviews

“This beautiful, unusual tale explores the healing power of love and the magic that exists in our everyday lives, even when we don’t know how to find it.”
– Jill Santopolo, NYT bestseller author of "The Light We Lost"

Amazon
Author Miquel Reina
Barcelona-born Miquel Reina defines himself as a dreamer and a fighter; from a young age, he was drawn to the creative life, studying design and cinema before building his reputation as a filmmaker and graphic artist. His work in advertising won him several awards, including the prestigious Bronze Sun at Spain’s Festival de San Sebastián in 2011, and in 2014, his music video “Dead in the Water” was screened at the Tribeca Film Festival. Reina has lived in Vancouver, Canada, since 2016, working for a video-production studio and dedicating his free time to his most gratifying passion: writing.
Author Website

 Facebook

 Twitter

 Instagram
Thanks to you for helping me spread the word.

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you so much for stopping by my blog my friend.

      Delete
  2. The premise sounds so interesting. Thanks for letting us know about the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and thank you so much for stopping by my blog Aparna.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Fizah.

      Delete
  4. Doesn't sound like my typical book but the author is pretty hunky ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I know right he is a really handsome fellow, thank you so much for stopping by my blog Julia.

      Delete
  5. I've not heard of this one - thanx for the info

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and thank you so much for stopping by my blog my friend.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Jenn.

      Delete
  7. Why haven't I heard of this one before?! Thanks for putting me in the know. I need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not heard of the author or the book before. Thanks for bring him and his work to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and thank you so much for stopping by my blog my friend.

      Delete