Can't-Wait Wednesday #14: Rule (Rule #1) by Ellen Goodlett

Wednesday, July 25, 2018




When I first started book blogging back in 2015 I starting to participate in  “Waiting On Wednesday”  that was a weekly meme that was originally created by Breaking The Spine.  Unfortunately Breaking the Spine is no longer hosting so I’m now linking my posts up to Wishful Endings Can’t Wait Wednesday. Don’t forget to stop over, link up and check out what books everyone else is waiting for.





  Here Is My Can't Wait Wednesday Pick For This Week:


Title: Rule (Rule #1) 

By Ellen Goodlett

Publication Date: September 11th, 2018 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers 







Three girls with three deadly secrets. Only one can wear the crown.The king is dying, his heir has just been murdered, and rebellion brews in the east. But the kingdom of Kolonya and the outer Reaches has one last option before it descends into leaderless chaos.

Or rather, three unexpected options.

Zofi has spent her entire life trekking through the outer Reaches with her band of Travelers. She would do anything to protect the band, her family. But no one can ever find out how far she's already gone.

Akeylah was raised in the Eastern Reach, surrounded by whispers of rebellion and abused by her father. Desperate to escape, she makes a decision that threatens the whole kingdom.

Ren grew up in Kolonya, serving as a lady's maid and scheming her way out of the servants' chambers. But one such plot could get her hung for treason if anyone ever discovers what she's done.

When the king summons the girls, they arrive expecting arrest or even execution. Instead, they learn the truth: they are his illegitimate daughters, and one must become his new heir. But someone in Kolonya knows their secrets, and that someone will stop at nothing to keep the sisters from their destiny... to rule.

Magic, mystery, and blackmail abound in this sensational and striking fantasy debut.




I absolutely love books that have dark deadly secrets in the story and this one looks and sounds totally fantastic and so right up my alley to boot, plus I really love fantasy and young adult books as well!




20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know right I absolutely love the book cover as well, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow that's a pretty cover! Looks like a great YA fantasy too- I may have to get this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I absolutely love the cover as well and it really looks and sounds like an amazing YA Fantasy book too, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Greg.

      Delete
  3. YESSSSSS. I am still waiting with fingers crossed to see if I can get a NetGalley for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I hope you do get it through Netgalley and enjoy reading it Elizabeth, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post.

      Delete
  4. Oooh! I love the cover of this book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really and absolutely love the book cover as well, thank you so much for stopping by my blog Ronyell.

      Delete
  5. I am so excited for this book! And the cover is just perfect!
    My WOW: https://booksofteacups.wordpress.com/2018/07/25/waiting-on-wednesday-stange-grace-by-tessa-gratton/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I thought the same thing about the cover as well that it fits absolutely perfect, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post last week Anna.

      Delete
  6. I have been seeing this one around lately. I will have to put it on my TBR list. Great pick!

    Mary my CWW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will enjoy this book as well, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post my friend.

      Delete
  7. I just found your blog through the Wishful Wednesday's feature over at Wishful Endings and I absolutely agree with you. This book looks so amazing and it's been on my radar for quite some time, so definitely a good pick. It is sitting pretty on my TBR list for sure. :)

    Stop by the blog and check out myWishful Wednesday's post.
    Suz @ Bookish Revelations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post and welcome to my book blog Susan! :)

      Delete
  8. I love dark books with magic and that cover, how awesome. Sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I absolutely love dark books as well, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Barb.

      Delete
  9. Oh I LOVE that 'iron look' cover! It's a beauty!! Here's mine : http://bit.ly/CWWed4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I absolutely love the iron look as well, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post my friend.

      Delete
  10. Never heard of the book yet, is this YA? Loving that cover! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it most certainly is a YA book Jennilyn isn't the cover just gorgeous, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post my friend.

      Delete