Can't-Wait Wednesday #9: Sanctuary by Caryn Lix

Wednesday, May 9, 2018



When I first started book blogging back in 2015 I starting to participate in  “Waiting On Wednesday”  that was a weekly meme that was originally created by Breaking The Spine.  Unfortunately Breaking the Spine is no longer hosting so I’m now linking my posts up to Wishful Endings Can’t Wait Wednesday. Don’t forget to stop over, link up and check out what books everyone else is waiting for.





  Here Is My Can't Wait Wednesday Pick For This Week:


Title:  Sanctuary

By Caryn Lix

Publication Date: July 24th, 2018 by Simon Pulse









Alien meets Alexandra Bracken’s The Darkest Minds in this thrilling debut novel about prison-guard-in-training, Kenzie, who is taken hostage by the superpowered criminal teens of the Sanctuary space station—only to have to band together with them when the station is attacked by mysterious creatures.

Kenzie holds one truth above all: the company is everything.

As a citizen of Omnistellar Concepts, the most powerful corporation in the solar system, Kenzie has trained her entire life for one goal: to become an elite guard on Sanctuary, Omnistellar’s space prison for superpowered teens too dangerous for Earth. As a junior guard, she’s excited to prove herself to her company—and that means sacrificing anything that won’t propel her forward.

But then a routine drill goes sideways and Kenzie is taken hostage by rioting prisoners.

At first, she’s confident her commanding officer—who also happens to be her mother—will stop at nothing to secure her freedom. Yet it soon becomes clear that her mother is more concerned with sticking to Omnistellar protocol than she is with getting Kenzie out safely.

As Kenzie forms her own plan to escape, she doesn’t realize there’s a more sinister threat looming, something ancient and evil that has clawed its way into Sanctuary from the vacuum of space. And Kenzie might have to team up with her captors to survive—all while beginning to suspect there’s a darker side to the Omnistellar she knows.







I absolutely loved watching the Alien films when I was a kid the Alien films were my all time favorite movies ever too, plus I absolutely love Sci-Fi in books so this one looks and sounds like my kind of book and so right up my alley. I totally love the cover of this book as well blue is my all time favorite color!











34 comments:

  1. Oh this one looks great, I've got this on my list too of books I NEED to get. Love the premise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I absolutely love the synopsis as well, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW Greg.

      Delete
  2. Loved The Drakes Minds, so this one definfeily piques my interest for sure! Super powered criminal on a space station, sounds good to me. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right I absolutely love the super power criminal concept as well, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW Jenea.

      Delete
  3. This looks like a must read for all sci-fi lovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I absolutely love sci-fi in books too, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post.

      Delete
  4. This has piqued my interest! I am looking into it now.. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome I hope you enjoyed it as well when you get the chance to read it Floryie, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post.

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love the Alien series too! This is definitely going on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yes I'm so glad I am not the only one who absolutely loves the Aliens films too, I hope you will also enjoy this book when you get the chance too read it as well Bentley. Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Bentley.

      Delete
  6. oh I am so excited for this book. I want it like now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right but it is not a long wait for this one to come out July is just around the corner. Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Jenn.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I know right and I absolutely love intense book too, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post DJ.

      Delete
  8. This sounds like an intense read. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post.

      Delete
  9. I love learning about new books with this meme and Goodreads Monday. It certainly isn't helping my TBR though haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I know exactly what you mean Nikki, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post my friend.

      Delete
  10. I've been eyeing this one for a while. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you the synopsis and cover caught my attention right away, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Barb.

      Delete
  11. I love this meme. Great way to find out about new books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I absolutely love this meme too I always find new books on it as well, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Jo.

      Delete
  12. This book sounds absolutely thrilling! Wonderful choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right this book looks and sounds absolutely fantastic and right up my alley, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Randi.

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. LOL Right! this book looks and sounds so amazingly fantastic that I can't wait for it to come out in July. Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Terrie.

      Delete
  14. Great meme. I'm not a lover of the 'Alien' films though, much to my husband and one of my sons disapproval - they love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post.

      Delete
  15. This book sounds Awesome! I can't wait now either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't this book looks and sounds absolutely fantastic and amazing! Thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Allie.

      Delete
  16. Ahh. I'm such a pansy when it comes to Aliens. I'm not sure why, but they always seem to give me nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's understandable thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post.

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. Yes it sure does sounds like a great read, thank you so much for stopping by my CWW post Ankys.

      Delete