Audible Review: The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave #1) by Rick Yancey

Friday, March 23, 2018



Title: The 5th Wave

Series: The 5th Wave #1

Author: Rick Yancey

Genre: Young Adult, Sci-Fi, Dystopian

Publication Date: May 7th, 2013 by Listening Library

Narrator:  Brandon Espinoza &  Phoebe Strole

Format: Audioable

Source: Library Overdrive


Rating:











Length: 12 hrs and 45 mins

After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one. Now, it's the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth's last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie's only hope for rescuing her brother—or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.










I've been dying to read The 5th Wave since I heard the movie was coming out a few years ago, but I never got that chance to check it out when the movie came out a couple of years ago. But I started to use my library overdrive at the end of the year of 2017, so when I saw The 5th Wave was on there for audio this year I check it out. And I am so glad and happy that I check it out because I absolutely love and enjoy it so much. I love this book from start to finish I don't want to go into any details about it because I think everybody knows what it is about plus I don't want to get a spoiler. But I will tell you I haven't read a dystopian book for a long time and I thought it was high time that I read another dystopian book because I do quite love and enjoy dystopian books. And The 5th Wave did not disappoint me in any way I also love sci-fi books as well. I was enthralled and very intrigued with the first few pages and then on the edge of my set in the middle and at the end of this amazing book. I just shiver on how Cassie explain the four different waves the aliens did to destroy and kill the humans of Earth it just sent chills down my spine how these people suffer from what these horrible alien invaders did to all the innocent human life they destroy and kill. And after Cassie saw the fourth wave I so don't blame Cassie to not trust anyone now after she saw the fourth wave happen. Now, Cassie, an only main objective was to save her little brother Sammy and comes to hell or high waters she was going to save and get her little brother Sammy back from danger and nobody was going to stop her. And I am going to stop here without getting to a spoiler. But I also love the narrators to The 5th Wave I thought that Brandon Espinoza and Phoebe Strole did an excellent job narrating this fantastic book. I can't wait to hear them in the next book The Infinite Sea soon!





















aka Richard Yancey

Rick is a native Floridian and a graduate of Roosevelt University in Chicago. He earned a B.A. in English which he put to use as a field officer for the Internal Revenue Service. Inspired and encouraged by his wife, he decided his degree might also be useful in writing books and in 2004 he began writing full-time.

Since then he has launched two critically acclaimed series: The Extraordinary Adventures of Alfred Kropp, for young readers, and The Highly Effective Detective, for adults. Both books are set in Knoxville, Tennessee, where Rick lived for ten years before returning to Florida.









18 comments:

  1. Awesome review! This one is still hanging out on my TBR :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was an amazing and fantastic book that I absolutely love and enjoy so much, I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Erica.

      Delete
  2. Great review! It sounds super interesting! I need to check out overdrive too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a really great audiobook on overdrive I absolutely love and enjoy listening to it on overdrive. I hope you enjoy it as well when you get the chance to read it. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Nikki.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read the book or watched the movie, but I was surprised the movie didn't do as well. I wonder if movie makers are spending too much on special effects and not paying attention to the heart of the story which is what made everyone fall in love with it in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also heard the movie didn't do well too but I haven't seen the film yet, hopefully I can watch the movie soon and see what I think about it. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Terri.

      Delete
  4. I've been hearing about this one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's been going around quite a lot lately, thank you so much for stopping by my blog DJ.

      Delete
  5. the 5th wave is not something I would usually read, but this has me questioning that choice. Thank you for an excellent review, I am now going to add this to my TBR (and I am going to start actually reading books on my TBR)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance too read it, thank you so much for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  6. I've heard of the book, but haven't read it since I saw the movie and did not want to be so repetitive. I might add it to my TBR though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh did you like the movie? I haven't seen the movie yet I am hopeful that I will see the movie soon. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  7. I actually saw the movie without knowing there was a book, but I enjoyed the movie and would love to read the book. I'l have to see if my library has an audiobook available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That happens sometimes with me as well that I saw the movie and I didn't even know that the movie was base of the book until later on. I hopefully will watch the movie soon! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Jenn.

      Delete
  8. Great review! I'm very excited to read this one. I picked it up at a fill-the-box event :) Looking forward to comparing notes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it as well when you get the chance to read it, thank you so much for stopping by my blog Joyce.

      Delete
  9. I have the audio of this one, too. I haven't gotten to read it yet but it sounds fantastic! Right up my alley :) Great review!

    Megan - Ginger Mom and the Kindle Quest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I hope you enjoy this audio book Megan I thought it was a really great one, thank you so much for stopping by my blog Megan.

      Delete