Review: The Cloud Searchers (Amulet #3) by Kazu Kibuishi

Tuesday, February 13, 2018


Title: The Cloud Searchers

Series: Amulet #3

Author: Kazu Kibuishi

Genre: Middle Grade, Graphic Novel. Fantasy

Publication Date:  September 1st, 2010 by Graphix

Format: Paperback

Source: Library


Rating:







An impossible journey with danger at every turn...

Emily, Navin, and their crew of resistance fighters charter an airship and set off in search of the lost city of Cielis. There they hope to find help from the Guardian Council's powerful Stonekeepers. It's a mission that Alledia's survival depends on, and time is running out--Emily's got to find Cielis before the Elf King finds her.



Ahh yes, I am loving everything about this series, the plotline, the world building, the characters, the art style and the writing style is just A+ fantastic in my book. I especially love the beautiful world that Kazu Kibuishi created. The world is well built and just such very fantastical and mystical world that I just get lost in the pages just looking through the art of this mystical world of Alledia. I absolutely love the mythical creatures in this world there are quite the characters. Especially Miskit and the crew, they all are just beautifully crafted even the evil creatures are utterly amazing crafted as well. I don't want to go into a lot of details about The Cloud Searchers because I don't want to be a spoiler. But Emily, Navin, and their crew of resistance fighters try to find the lost city of Cielis to go there and find the Guardian Council's powerful Stonekeepers. To see if the Guardian Council's will help them save Alledia from the evil elf king. First, they have to find information where to find the lost city of Cielis. They go to a bar to try to charter an airship, but what the get is laughed at and be called insane to believe such a lost city ever existed in the first place. But there was one airship crew member that actually believe there is such a lost city of Cielis. But of course, the crew run into some trouble while they were at the bar. I am going to leave it off here let's just say trouble and mayhem happen for the crew after the bar incident. The crew also have new members to fight the elf king, but I won't say who they are because of its spoiler. I am just going to say I am very glad and happy that they finally joined the crew to save Alledia and fight the elf king. All and all I absolutely loved and enjoyed everything about The Cloud Searches, that I can't wait to read The Last Council next!
















Kazu Kibuishi (born 1978) is an American graphic novel author and illustrator. He is best known for being the creator and editor of the comic anthology Flight and for creating the webcomic Copper. He has also written (drawn) the Amulet series. The webcomic artist and noted critic Scott McCloud has said that some of Kazu Kibuishi's work is so beautifully drawn that "it hurts my hands when I look at it".





17 comments:

  1. The cover is so inviting! Glad you enjoyed it. It looks like an exciting read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is an amazing graphic novel, thank you so much for stopping by my blog Nikki.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Some of the artwork is really cute as well. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog DJ.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Allie.

      Delete
  4. I'm not into graphic novels, but appreciate your review and also the look of that book as the cover is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the artwork in this graphic novels are just pure gorgeous. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  5. This sounds like something my son would actually read and that's saying something!! I just offered to pay him to read today!! Great review, I'll have to pick this up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great middle grade book, I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Terrie.

      Delete
  6. I like the cover. I keep a list of graphic novels for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The artwork in this graphic novel are really gorgeous and cute at the same time, but I think it is a really great middle grade graphic novel. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Terri.

      Delete
  7. This sounds like a cute fantasy read. I love the cover! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a fantastic graphic novel that I just love and adore, thank you so much for stopping by my blog Jennifer.

      Delete
  8. I love this series as well! I'm so glad to see you're still enjoying it!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yes Erica I just love and adore this series so much! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Erica.

      Delete
  9. I haven't read this series but I just picked up the first one because it looks sooooo good!

    Megan @ Ginger Mom & the Kindle Quest

    ReplyDelete