Review: The Stonekeeper (Amulet #1) by Kazu Kibuishi

Tuesday, October 31, 2017


Title: The Stonekeeper

Author: Amulet #1

Author: Kazu Kibuishi

Genre: Middle Grade, Graphic Novel, Fantasy

Publication Date: January 1st 2008 by Graphix

Format: Hardcover

Source: Library


Rating:









Graphic novel star Kazu Kibuishi creates a world of terrible, man-eating demons, a mechanical rabbit, a giant robot---and two ordinary children on a life-or-death mission.

After the tragic death of their father, Emily and Navin move with their mother to the home of her deceased great-grandfather, but the strange house proves to be dangerous. Before long, a sinister creature lures the kids' mom through a door in the basement. Em and Navin, desperate not to lose her, follow her into an underground world inhabited by demons, robots, and talking animals.

Eventually, they enlist the help of a small mechanical rabbit named Miskit. Together with Miskit, they face the most terrifying monster of all, and Em finally has the chance to save someone she loves.
 








Yes another graphic novel that I adore and love! I have been meaning to read The Stonekeeper (Amulet #1) by Kazu Kibuishi for a very long time. I heard many raving reviews about the artwork and stories of Kazu Kibuishi books. I especially heard amazing reviews about The Stonekeeper (Amulet #1) specifically so I wanted to give this amazing graphic novel a try. Ohh my the artwork is absolutely beautiful and detailed that I just love seeing the different graphic arts in this book. The plotline was unique and heartbreaking as well that I just felt so bad for both Emily and Navin. The characters were all very well developed and rounded that my heart broke when I read the tragic scene at the beginning chapters of this book. Plus I absolutely loved the writing style so flawless and beautifully written that I couldn't get enough of it I needed too read more! I don't want to go into any details about this fantastic and amazing graphic novel, because I think everybody knows what it is about. But all and all I absolutely and totally love and enjoyed everything about The Stonekeeper (Amulet #1) that I will most definitely continue on reading more of this series. I actually already have the second book check out from the library I so can't wait to read it next!


















Kazu Kibuishi (born 1978) is an American graphic novel author and illustrator. He is best known for being the creator and editor of the comic anthology Flight and for creating the webcomic Copper. He has also written (drawn) the Amulet series. The webcomic artist and noted critic Scott McCloud has said that some of Kazu Kibuishi's work is so beautifully drawn that "it hurts my hands when I look at it".











   


2 comments:

  1. Adding to my TBR RIGHT now!! :) Wonderful review!! I can't wait to get my hands on this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was an fantastic graphic novel and one of my favorites too! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Erica.

      Delete