Review: Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol

Monday, October 9, 2017


Title: Anya's Ghost 

Series: Stand-Alone

Author: Vera Brosgol

Genre: Young Adult, Graphic Novel

Publication Date: June 7th 2011 by First Second

Format: Paperback

Source: Library


Rating:









Anya could really use a friend. But her new BFF isn't kidding about the "Forever" part.

Of all the things Anya expected to find at the bottom of an old well, a new friend was not one of them. Especially not a new friend who’s been dead for a century.

Falling down a well is bad enough, but Anya's normal life might actually be worse. She's embarrassed by her family, self-conscious about her body, and she's pretty much given up on fitting in at school. A new friend—even a ghost—is just what she needs.

Or so she thinks. Spooky, sardonic, and secretly sincere, Anya's Ghost is a wonderfully entertaining debut from author/artist Vera Brosgol.
 








Anya's Ghost was an absolute amazing and fantastic graphic novel that I thoroughly loved and enjoyed. I've been wanting to read some spooky reads for the fall especially in October for Halloween, which I absolutely love reading spooky or horror books the month of October. So I decided to check out Anya's Ghost because I heard amazing reviews about it and a lot of my book friends highly recommend this graphic novel to me. And OMGosh I am so glad and happy I check this book out from the library, because it is one of my absolute favorite graphic novel ever. I just love and adore everything about it. I really don't want to go into any details about it, but the plotline was unique and very refreshing and somewhat dark that I couldn't get enough of it. The characters was well developed and rounded plus there was diversity in the characters, which I so love and enjoy reading diversity in characters. And the writing style was flawless and very expressive that I just felt all the feelings that each characters were feeling especially everything that Anya was feeling in this amazing graphic novel. And the graphic art was really beautiful and dark I just love seeing the purple graphics, which I thought that it was really well done in this graphic novel. All and all I absolutely love and enjoy Anya's Ghost that I will most definitely will continue reading more graphic novels by Vera Brosgol in the near future because I know I absolutely and totally will love her graphic novels.


















Vera Brosgol was born in Moscow, Russia in 1984 and moved to the United States when she was five. She received a diploma in Classical Animation from Sheridan College, and currently works at Laika Inc. in Portland, Oregon drawing storyboards for feature animation.

She has done illustration work for clients such as Nickelodeon, Sony Computer Entertainment, and Simon & Schuster. Her first graphic novel, Anya's Ghost, was published in 2011 by First Second Books.

She loves knitting, baking, and trying not to kill her plants. She hopes you are enjoying looking at her drawings!



                       




 

No comments:

Post a Comment