Review: The Punisher, Volume 1: Black and White (The Punisher, Volume IX #1) by Nathan Edmondson (Writer), Mitch Gerads (Artist), Cory Petit (Letterer)

Monday, September 11, 2017


Title: The Punisher, Volume 1: Black and White

Series: The Punisher, Volume IX #1

Author:  Nathan Edmondson (Writer), & Mitch Gerads (Artist), 
Cory Petit (Letterer)

Genre: Graphic Novels Comics, Superheroes > Marvel, Mystery > Crime

Publication Date: September 2nd 2014 by
Marvel

Format: Paperback

Source: Bought


Rating:









For years the Punisher waged war on crime in New York, but a lead on a major source of drugs, weapons and more has set his sights due west! Frank Castle is in the City of Angels, taking on the powerful Dos Sols gang - but when he discovers their newest weapon, it's bad news...for him! Now the Punisher must duke it out with A.I.M., even as the Dos Sols' takeover of LA begins and war breaks out in the streets! Will the city burn, or can Frank fight fire with fire? And even if Frank can overcome A.I.M. and the Dos Sols, can he escape the tightening noose of the Howling Commandos?








Ahh yes I decided I wanted to give more graphic novels a try, because I absolutely loved and enjoyed Wires and Nerves by Marissa Meyer. So I really wanted to read a Marvel graphic novel and give it a chance and see if I would really love and enjoy them. And I will tell you all the truth I really don't know a lot of the Marvel universe but I have seen a super heroes movies. Which I really need to see more of them. But I still had a couple of more money left that I received for my birthday, so I decided to buy a couple of graphic novels. As you can see that I bought The Punisher first volume because I absolutely love the 1989 Punisher movie with Dolph Lundgren as Frank Castle and I highly loved the 2004 Punisher movie with Thomas Jane as Farnk Castle. I actually saw the 2004 Punisher film at the movies theaters with my dad who is a big fan if The Punisher films he especially loves the marvel universe movies as well. But when I first saw this graphic novel at BAM's I had too get it because I love the films so I had a real good feeling I was so going to love this graphic novel. And I am so glad and happy that I bought this amazing graphic novel, it was everything that I wanted it too be. I just loved and enjoyed everything about it! The plotline which it was real easy to follow, the graphics was absolutely amazing and I absolutely love and enjoyed the writing style. After I read the major cliffhanger ending in this Vol I need to buy the last two Vol of The Punisher, because I need to know and learn what happens next to Frank Castle! All and all I absolutely loved and enjoyed everything of The Punisher, Volume 1: Black and White that I can't wait to get the other Vol's soon I will probably get them during the holidays! Ha! 

















Nathan Edmondson (Writer)

Comic book and screenwriter Nathan Edmondson is a native of Augusta, GA. He created the hit comics OLYMPUS, THE LIGHT, WHO IS JAKE ELLIS?, WHERE IS JAKE ELLIS?, THE ACTIVITY, DANCER and THE DREAM MERCHANT. He wrote GRIFTER for DC Comics and ULTIMATE IRON MAN for Marvel Comics and he is currently the writer behind BLACK WIDOW and THE PUNISHER. He is also the author of SPLINTER CELL: ECHOES for Ubisoft. His Eisner-nominated book WHO IS JAKE ELLIS? is soon to be a major motion picture from 20th Century Fox. NPR has listed his work among the “Top 6 Comics to Draw You In” and USA Today and CNN are among those who have listed him in their Top 10 lists.



Mitch Gerads (Artist)


Mitch Gerads is currently the artist on Marvel's The Punisher and co-creator of The Activity from Image Comics.

Gerads has also worked on such comic properties as Doctor Who, Stan Lee’s Starborn, Bandette, Planet of the Apes, Johnny Recon and more.

Gerads is also an accomplished illustrator in the commercial art field having worked for such companies as General Mills, Adult Swim, Nabisco, and many others.

He lives in Minneapolis MN, with his wife Lauren, and his cat Numchucks. When not drawing comics he obsesses over the perfect sidecar.







        




                            

No comments:

Post a Comment