Featured & Follow Friday #18: Why Did You Start Blogging?

Friday, February 19, 2016

 
 
THE FUTURE & FOLLOW IS HOSTED BY TWO HOSTS, PARAJUNKEE OF PARAJUNKEE'S VIEW AND ALISON OF ALISON CAN READ. EACH HOST WILL HAVE THEIR OWN FEATURE BLOG AND THIS WAY IT’LL ALLOW US TO SHOW OFF MORE NEW BLOGS.
 
 
 
HOW DOES THE #FF WORK?
  • The goal is to increase blog followers, make friends and have something to post.
  • You create your own post using the post prompt.
  • You leave your link and thumbnail in the linky list that links back to your post prompt.
  • Once you have your post up and linked, visit other posts and tell them hi. The point is to FOLLOW them not just comment.
  • If you see a post that just hit it to the moon, or just want to show appreciation to a fellow blogger friend, like their name on the linky list to show some appreciation.
  • The person with the most likes gets chosen as the next Feature (you can be chosen every 90 days unless we are in need of features)
  • It is required that if you participate that you have to follow the FEATURE. It is a big no-no to participate and ignore the feature. They are the special snowflake in this little blizzard.
  • As a participant it is up to your discretion on how you want people to follow. Please post RSS, GFC etc if you have a follow of choice.
 
Specific RULES
  • Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
  • If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followedFollow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
  • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
  • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers

 
 
 
 
 
THE POST prompt:
 
Why did you start blogging?
- suggested by Parajunkee

 

 
Answer:
 
I started to follow book blogs when I really started to get into reading, like I say around five to six years ago. I absolutely love following them and reading there reviews and getting to now more about the book community back than. I  really want to start my own book blog  back than but I was not ready to start my own blog for myself yet. I wanted to follow and learn more about the book blogging community and grow on how book blogging works. Before I can make that huge commitment into book blogging. And to me it is a huge commitment to make. Also back than I was really busy in my life so I didn't have the time or effort too make a book blog for myself. But than last year I finally decided too finally make my own book blog. Which I totally and completely love and enjoy reading and reviewing arcs, and following & getting too now new book bloggers through the book blogging community.


I Hope and Pray  that I will still be blogging for many more years ahead.


How About You?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Please Follow Me
EVERYTHING IS ON THE SIDEBAR AS WELL:

 


 GFC
 
 
 


 
 

 

 



 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 

 

19 comments:

  1. That's great! I hope to blog more too!
    GFC, Twitter follower.
    http://milkywayofbooks.blogspot.gr/2016/02/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog! :D

      Delete
  2. Yes, blogging is a huge commitment, but for me, it's worth it! I followed you through Google Circles.

    My FF post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I totally agree with you it is most definitely worth it I absolutely love blogging! Thank you for stopping by and following my blog. :D

      Delete
  3. Definitely agree that book blogging is a huge commitment, both in terms of effort and time. But I think you've definitely made the right call in starting a book blog! The community here is amazing and it never ceases to make me happy how we can gush about our love of books with one another. Happy Friday!

    New GFC follower :)

    Here's my FFF

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you yes I agree with you I totally made the right call the book blogging community are amazing people to chat with, and I am also very thrilled and happy to talk books with them. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog.

      Delete
  4. I have to admit, this is a huge commitment. Luckily I've been blogging for years before I ever turned to book blogging. I felt more pressure and had to dedicate more time to it during my RP days because I was also a big fan of promoting the show, True Blood and as a promoted role play account, I sometimes felt obligated to share the love. It was fun, but I'm glad I'm focusing on something less... dramatic.

    Old follower!

    Why I Started Blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes back in 2010 I just didn't have the time or effort to start a book blog at the time, but I am so glad and happy that I started blogging a year ago it most definitely is worth it. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog. :D

      Delete
  5. Great reason to start your blog!

    I’m an existing follower.

    Diane @ Diane’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog. :D

      Delete
  6. It's great that you took the time to learn as much as you could before starting your own blog!

    Old follower.

    My FF: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2016/02/feature-follow-friday-why-i-started.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog. :D

      Delete
  7. Blogging does take a lot of time but I think its worth it.

    Old Follower through GFC.

    Theresa
    The Truth About Books
    My FF Answer Here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it most definitely is worth it! Thank you for stopping by and following my blog! :D

      Delete
  8. I'm glad you were able to start blogging! Thanks for sharing. Old bloglovin' follower.

    My FF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog. :D

      Delete
  9. Great story. I also spent a lot of time reading book blogs before starting my own. It is a massive time commitment.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right that's why I learn a lot these past six years about book blogging and I decided to make one last year and I am so glad and happy I did. Because it is so worth it. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog. :D

      Delete
  10. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete