"Waiting On" Wednesday #8: The House by Christina Lauren

Wednesday, September 30, 2015








"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill At Breaking The Spine , that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating

What too participate? Grab the logo post your own WOW entry on your blog and leave your link below. 



Here is my WOW  pick for this week:
 
 
The House
 
By Christina Lauren
 
Publication Date: October 6th 2015 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
 
 
 
 
 
Synopsis
 
Gavin tells Delilah he’s hers—completely—but whatever lives inside that house with him disagrees.

After seven years tucked away at an East coast boarding school, Delilah Blue returns to her small Kansas hometown to find that not much has changed. Her parents are still uptight and disinterested, her bedroom is exactly the way she left it, and the outcast Gavin Timothy still looks like he’s crawled out of one of her dark, twisted drawings.

Delilah is instantly smitten.

Gavin has always lived in the strange house: an odd building isolated in a stand of trees where the town gives in to mild wilderness. The house is an irresistible lure for Delilah, but the tall fence surrounding it exists for good reason, and Gavin urges Delilah to be careful. Whatever lives with him there isn’t human, and isn’t afraid of hurting her to keep her away.
 
 
 
Why Am I Waiting
 
Ohh I've been really wanting to read something creepy and scary for Halloween. And this one looks and sounds just perfect for the Halloween season. Plus I love a really good ghost story and I am really curious too see who Gavin really lives with him in that haunted house. 
 
 
 
What Is Your WOW Pick For This Week?
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. I don't know how I've gone so long without reading any of Christina Lauren's books. I've been dying to read the Beautiful series for forever now. It seems that I'll just have to add this to the list as well. I would like to get around to this sooner than later since, as you said, it gets you in the mood for the Halloween season. But, I've already got so much reading on my plate. Great choice! Hope you enjoy this one!

    My WoW Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been really wanted to read their beautiful series as well but that is a long series but I most definitely want to try out this one though. Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

      Delete
  2. Ohhh I totally agree with you! I'm on a hunt for some creepy/scary books that I can read in October ... this one sounds pretty cool and promising! I also like the cover a lot! Thanks for sharing! :D

    Here's my WoW! :)
    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right it just looks and sounds utterly creepy. Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

      Delete
  3. This sounds like creepily good Halloween read.

    Megan @ http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.Co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right it really sounds like a really good Halloween read! Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

      Delete
  4. I almost picked this one myself! I'm looking forward to reading it too! It looks like a perfect Halloween read, and I'm like you, I want to know who is in that house with him. Great pick! Here's my WoW. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a perfect book for Halloween. Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

      Delete
  5. Just saw this one today. It sounds like a perfect October read. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I totally agree with you it really sounds like a perfect Halloween read. Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

      Delete