Teaser Tuesday #5:The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black

Tuesday, September 8, 2015



TeaserTuesday-ADailyRhythm3

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of  A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers






The Darkest Part Of The Forest

By Holly Black






My Teasers


Teaser #1

"I think Ben's date will be boring." Hazel took the beer can from Jack's hand and swigged. It tasted sour. "Most of them are boring, even the liars. Especially the liars. I don't know why he bothers."

Pg 10


Teaser #2

"I just keep making the same mistake," she said. "I go to a party and I kiss some guy who I would never think of kissing at school. Guys I don't even really like. It's as though out here, in the woods, they're going to reveal some secret side of themselves. But they're always just the same."

Pg 11


What Are Your Teasers For This Week?


10 comments:

  1. I love Holly Black's books, but I haven't read this one yet. I'll have to read it soon, though, it sounds great.


    Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only Holly Black book I read was The Coldest Girl In Cold Town and I absolutely love it I can't wait to read more into this book I am lovin it so far. Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

      Delete
  2. Hmmm. interesting tease! thanks for sharing!
    trish - my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. :)

      Delete
  4. Love the book's cover and title. This sounds like an unusual story.
    My Tuesday post features Shadow of the Hawk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just talking to someone about wanting to give Holly Black and try, and here you are featuring one of her books! This sounds like it will be interesting.

    Here's mine: http://www.literaryfeline.com/2015/09/where-is-your-bookmark-09082015.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a very interesting book. Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

      Delete