Teaser Tuesday #4: Uprooted by Naomi Novik

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

TeaserTuesday-ADailyRhythm3Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of  A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers
 
 
 
Uprooted
 
By Naomi Novik
 
 
 
My Teasers
 
Teaser #1
 
"Silence, girl," the Dragon said, and held his hand out towards me. "Take it."
 
"I - what?" I said, more bewildered than if he'd flung it into my face.
 
"Don't stand there like a cretin," he said. "Take it."
Pg 13
 
 
Teaser #2
 
"You were going to take her! She's-she's clever, and brave, and a splendid cook, and -"
 
He was looking every moment more annoyed. "Yes," he bit out, interrupting me, "I do recall the girl: neither horse face nor a slovenly mess, and I imagine would not be yammering at me this very minute: enough. Your village girls are all tedious at the beginning, more or less, but you're proving a truly remarkable paragon of incompetence."
 
"Then you needn't keep me!" I flared angry and wounded-horse-face stung.
 
"Much to my regret," he said, "that's where you're wrong."
Pg 23
 
What Are Your Teasers For This Week?

2 comments:

  1. Every time I see this book mentioned I want to drop everything and read it. It sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete