Review: The Stonekeeper's Curse (Amulet #2) by Kazu Kibuishi

Thursday, December 28, 2017


Title: The Stonekeeper's Curse

Series: Amulet #2

Author: Kazu Kibuishi

Genre: Middle Grade, Graphic Novel, Fantasy

Publication Date: September 1st 2009 by Graphix 

Format: Hardcover

Source: Library


Rating:








In this thrilling sequel to AMULET #1: THE STONEKEEPER, Emily and her brother Navin head for Kanalis, a beautiful and mysterious city of waterfalls, where they hope to find the antidote for the poison that felled their mother. That cure lies in the eggs of a giant serpent atop Demon's Head Mountain, but the kids' archenemy, Trellis, is headed for the peak, too. A battle that will engulf all of Kanalis is looming. It's up to Em to triumph over evil while controlling the amulet's power . . . without losing herself!





Yes! I just love and adore this graphic novel series so much! This amazing series is most definitely on my top favorite graphic novel list. I don't want to go into any details about the second volume of the Amulet series, but it starts off where the first volume left off at. Emily is now the new stone keeper master of a very powerful stone. She and her beloved brother Navin are trying to save there mother from a poison. I won't say what kind of poison it is or how their mother got poison, because that is spoiler you just have to read this amazing graphic novel to find out what I am talking about. Believe me it is so worth to read this graphic novel I think you all will love this fantastic graphic novel! I fell in love with it from the very first few chapters in while I read it in the first volume. But in the second volume Emily and Navin along with their misfit crew the head too a beautiful and mystery city, where there are amazing and very gorgeous waterfalls surrounding the big city. The graphic art of the city is so gorgeous and very detail I just couldn't stop staring at the art all day long. The beautiful city is called Kanalis they all went to the city in hopes to find an antidote for Emily and Navin mother who is dying if she doesn't get the antidote in time. But when they first land in Kanalis they all met new people and friends who have been waiting for both Emily and Navin for years. While there in Kanalis there enemy's is right behind them and new dangers & adventures ensues after they are in the big city of Kanalis. Everything changes for both Emily and Navin right there and than . Both Emily and Navin find out some truth and secrets about the world they are in and they also find out about legends truths about themselves and there family and about their future in the strange world they all are in. Now I won't say what their future is about or if it gets better or worst for them because spoiler. But when I first found out about there legend future including the secrets and truth about the world from the start. I wanted to read and learn more and more about the secrets and legends. But of course I have to read the rest of the next volumes of the Amulet series to found out more. I am going to stop here without getting too spoiler. But I do highly recommend the Amulet series it is absolutely an amazingly and fantastic graphic novel that I truly love and enjoy thoroughly. The graphic art is my favorite part while reading this novels because the art is really gorgeous and very detailed I just can't get enough seeing the art. All and all you can clearly see I totally love and adore the Amulet series that I can't wait to read the next volumes of this series soon!













Kazu Kibuishi (born 1978) is an American graphic novel author and illustrator. He is best known for being the creator and editor of the comic anthology Flight and for creating the webcomic Copper. He has also written (drawn) the Amulet series. The webcomic artist and noted critic Scott McCloud has said that some of Kazu Kibuishi's work is so beautifully drawn that "it hurts my hands when I look at it".



          



 

    
 

2 comments:

  1. Great review!! I LOVE this series! I'm all caught up now but cannot wait for book number eight to come out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Erica, I can't wait to catch up onto this series. I am really loving and enjoying it so far! :D

      Delete