"Waiting On" Wednesday #21: Of Better Blood by Susan Moger

Wednesday, January 20, 2016





"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill At Breaking The Spine , that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating




What too participate? Grab the logo post your own WOW entry on your blog and leave your link below. 
 
 
 
 
Here Is My WOW  Pick For This Week:
 
 
 
Of Better Blood
 
 
By Susan Moger
 
 
Publication Date: February 1st 2016 by Aw Teen
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Synopsis
 
Teenage polio survivor Rowan Collier is caught in the crossfire of a secret war against "the unfit." It's 1922, and eugenics--the movement dedicated to racial purity and good breeding--has taken hold in America. State laws allow institutions to sterilize minorities, the "feeble-minded," and the poor, while local eugenics councils set up exhibits at county fairs with "fitter family" contests and propaganda. After years of being confined to hospitals, Rowan is recruited at sixteen to play a born cripple in a county fair eugenics exhibit. But gutsy, outspoken Dorchy befriends Rowan and helps her realize her own inner strength and bravery. The two escape the fair and end up at a summer camp on a desolate island run by the New England Eugenics Council. There they discover something is happening to the children. Rowan must find a way to stop the horrors on the island if she can escape them herself."
 
 
 
 
 
Why Am I Waiting
 
I was just browsing through amazon to see what new books that are coming out, and I find this gem. This is the first time I heard about this book, but the cover and synopsis drew me into the book. I think I would really love and enjoy this book, what do you guys think?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
What Is Your WOW Pick For This Week?
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Great pick! This sounds really good!

    http://lovesbooksreview.blogspot.com/2016/01/waiting-on-wednesday-star-touched-queen.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when I just hear about book and I want to read it immediately, so i understand you complitely.
    Here is my pick! http://wp.me/p76RED-2u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I just love looking up books that are coming out soon. Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

      Delete
  3. Great pick! I haven't heard of this one yet, but the setting sounds really interesting. I may have to check it out!


    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never heard about this book either until I fond it on amazon, the cover and synopsis really drew me into the book. Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

      Delete
  4. Great pick, this is new to me! Also I read Luther and Katharina!! Happy Reading!!

    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/01/wishlist-winning-wednesday-3-glass-theme.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this one is new to me! It looks very interesting... I'll have to check this one out. Great pick :)

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this one, Katiria! I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it.

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a lovely week. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by my blog Alyssa! :)

      Delete