Review: Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles #3.5) by Marissa Meyer

Saturday, December 5, 2015

 
Title: Fairest
 
Series: The Lunar Chronicles #3.5
 
Author: Marissa Meyer
 
Genre: YA, Science Fiction & Fantasy, Fairy-Tale Retelling, Romance
 
Published Date: January 27th 2015 by Feiwel & Friends
 
Format: Hardcover
 
Source: Library
 
Rating:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles, Queen Levana’s story is finally told.
Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?

Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now.

Marissa Meyer spins yet another unforgettable tale about love and war, deceit and death. This extraordinary book includes full-color art and an excerpt from Winter, the next book in the Lunar Chronicles series.
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ok ok I will tell you all the truth I was kind of iffy that I was going to like or even read this book. Because I so despised Levana and I think I would not feel bad for anything bad that happen to her when she was younger. But since Winter was coming out I wanted to give this book a chance, so I check it out from the library first too see if I like it or not. And Oh my I am so glad and happy that I did check it out from the library because I really did love and enjoy Fairest. I loved reading Queen Levana pov and getting into her mind when she was younger. But Levana has always been doomed to become an evil queen since she was a child. Unfortunately she had terrible parents and I think her older sister Channary Cinder mom was even more evil and worst than Levana is. But I did feel bad for Levana for what Channery did to her when she was a child. But other than that, that's the only bad feeling I had for Levana. I learn a lot more background and more about Levana life when she was a teenager until she was a grown adult. Through the time in the book Levana becoming more worst and evil each day that past for her. She always only thought about her and what's good for her kingdom and she always multipulate people minds for her own shellfish reason, and make them do things they do not want to do. And of course she treated people horribly. All and all I was really surprised on how much I really did love and enjoyed Fairest that I do recommend it to my fellow readers. Now I can't wait too read Winter soon. When I can check it out from the library soon!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my fiancé and our two cats. In addition to my slight obsession with books and writing, I'm big on road-tripping, wine-tasting, and hunting for antiques. I'm represented by Jill Grinberg.

CINDER, my debut novel, is a futuristic re-envisioning of Cinderella in which Cinder is a cyborg mechanic. Release date: 3 Jan 2012.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment