Review: An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes #1) by Sabaa Tahir

Tuesday, May 23, 2017


Title: An Ember in the Ashes

Series: An Ember in the Ashes #1

Author: Sabaa Tahir

Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance

Publication Date: February 9th 2016 by Razorbill

Format: Hard Cover

Source: Library


Rating:









Laia is a slave. Elias is a soldier. Neither is free.

Under the Martial Empire, defiance is met with death. Those who do not vow their blood and bodies to the Emperor risk the execution of their loved ones and the destruction of all they hold dear.

It is in this brutal world, inspired by ancient Rome, that Laia lives with her grandparents and older brother. The family ekes out an existence in the Empire’s impoverished backstreets. They do not challenge the Empire. They’ve seen what happens to those who do.

But when Laia’s brother is arrested for treason, Laia is forced to make a decision. In exchange for help from rebels who promise to rescue her brother, she will risk her life to spy for them from within the Empire’s greatest military academy.

There, Laia meets Elias, the school’s finest soldier—and secretly, its most unwilling. Elias wants only to be free of the tyranny he’s being trained to enforce. He and Laia will soon realize that their destinies are intertwined—and that their choices will change the fate of the Empire itself.

                                 






                     Wow, wow, just holy moly WOW! I just want to kick myself for waiting this long too read An Ember in the Ashes, but I just wanted too wait until all the hype of this book died down. I will honestly say this book deserves all the hype it got. It was absolutely and totally a fantastic book that I thoroughly loved and enjoyed everything about it. Plus it was also a very refreshing read for me because I never read a plotline or concept like the one in the An Ember in the Ashes had before, which I was devouring every word in this amazing book. I know it took me really long too finished reading this book but my real life got in the way so unfortunately I had to put this book down for that time being. But I was determine to finished this amazing book this month and Ohh my what an exciting ride while reading this book was for me. I tell you I went into this book totally blind I had no idea what is was about I only know it was a YA fantasy romance book, so I decided too check it out from the library too see if I like it or not. Now after finishing reading this book I want too check out the second book asap to read and learn more about Laia the slave and Elias the mask soldier who I ship both of them so hard that I hope they end up together. But I have too wait until the end of June or the beginning of July too check out the second book from the library. Now I am not going to go into any details about An Ember in the Ashes, because I think by now everybody knows what this book is about. But I will tell you I absolutely love reading about the brutal world that Mrs. Sabaa Tahir created it was part fascinating and part scary reading this world which I though was well developed and absolutely amazing at the same time. And the characters OMGosh the characters were amazingly fantastic as well especially the villains who where both cold-hearted and ruthless that I just shiver just thinking about them. And the writing style was beautiful and flawless which I totally love reading each paragraph. All and all I can't wait to continue on reading more of this fantastic series after the ending left off at hopefully I can check it out soon! 






















Sabaa Tahir grew up in California’s Mojave Desert at her family’s 18-room motel. There, she spent her time devouring fantasy novels, raiding her brother’s comic book stash and playing guitar badly. She began writing An Ember in the Ashes while working nights as a newspaper editor. She likes thunderous indie rock, garish socks and all things nerd. Sabaa currently lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her family.


        



4 comments:

  1. I really need to start this series. I’ve wanted to read this book since it came out, but I haven’t done it yet. Everybody seems to love it. Great review!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes it was such an amazing book that I can't wait to read the second book soon. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Aj.

      Delete
  2. Awesome review!! I really enjoyed that book as well. Are you planning to give the second one a shot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I am planning to read the second book soon. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Erica.

      Delete