Review: Grim by Multiple Authors

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

 
Title: Grim
 
Series: Stand-Alone
 
Author: Multiple Authors
 
Genre: Y.A., Anthology, Fairy Tale Re-Telling, Paranormal & Fantasy
 
Published Date: February 25th 2014 by Harlequin Teen (first published January 1st 2014)
 
Format: Hardcover
 
Source: Won
 
Rating:  
 
 
 
 
 
Inspired by classic fairy tales, but with a dark and sinister twist, Grim contains short stories from some of the best voices in young adult literature today:

Ellen Hopkins
Amanda Hocking
Julie Kagawa
Claudia Gray
Rachel Hawkins
Kimberly Derting
Myra McEntire
Malinda Lo
Sarah Rees-Brennan
Jackson Pearce
Christine Johnson
Jeri Smith Ready
Shaun David Hutchinson
Saundra Mitchell
Sonia Gensler
Tessa Gratton
Jon Skrovon
 
 
 
I usually don't read anthology because I always want to read more of the short stories. And sometimes anthology are hit or miss kind of books for me, almost all the time there are miss for me. But I really wanted to read and give Grim a try, because I absolutely love too read about dark, creepy fairy tale re-telling's. Especially if the book is about Grim fairy tales I most definitely wanted to read that kind of book. Now I really did love and enjoyed some of the stories in Grim but there were some I really didn't like at all. Like I didn't feel connected with some of the characters and I really didn't like some of the writing styles. But I really did love and enjoyed the stories by Amanda Hocking, Julie Kagawa, Claudia Gray, Rachel Hawkins, Kimberly Derting, Jeri Smith Ready, Sarah Rees-Brennan and Jackson Pearce. I only read books by Amanda Hocking, but now I most definitely am going to check out the other authors books as well. Of course I wanted to read more of there stories in Grim. I really loved there writing style and there characters in Grim. But of course I couldn't now all and all I really did like and enjoyed Grim and thought it was a really good book. But I really didn't love it as much. Even though I love and enjoy some of the short stories but as always I wanted to read more about the stories. I think I am not going to read any more anthology for this specific reason. But I can't wait to check out the other books by the other authors that I really did loved and enjoyed! Grim was a really good book that I now other readers would love and enjoy it more than I did!
 
 
   
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment